Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,everyone,could any one tell me where i could obtain a outer clutch housing,sometimes refered to as a clutch basket,it holds all the clutch plates.It is for a 1200 interstate 1985 goldwing.tried here in England but no luck so far,Thanks in anticipation.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hi bikerfred,

have you tried :http://www.goldwings.tk/ , they break wings and although haven't got a clutch basket listed, I'm sure they could help you out.

Don't forget: http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/,they can normally get hold of new out of stock parts, again the partsnot listed but e-mail or phone them and I'm sure they'll help.

the part No I think is:- 22100-MG9-000 (check first).

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

HI,Johno thanks for info, i tried both sites,it seems they have every clutch part except the clutch basket,also tried Lings of norfolk no joy.the part is for a friend of mine he has the 1200 interstate.there might be someone in the USA knows where we can get one ,all the other clutch parts are availableit seems except the one part he wants.Thanks again for the info.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi bikerfred, I Think i can help you with that clutch basket i have a complete clutch from an 1986 aspencade which as far as i know is the same i can be contacted by email [email protected] or phone me from the UK 0035316282009 home 00353876530948 mobile, hope i can help you on that cheers Dermot

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

HI dmking,is the clutch new or secondhand & could you give me a price please.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

I have a basket for an 85. pm me if the other offer doesn't work out.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

HI, gambler,thanks for the offer will get back to you if ither offer is no good.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi bikerfred
thats a complete clutch I have. It is second hand from an engine that had only around 40K miles on it. If it is of any use to you the price is £50 sterling plus the cost of postage.
Let me know
regards Dermot

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

HI, Dermont thanks for promt reply,i am trying to contact my friend who the clutch is for,should get back to you tonight.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

HI, Dermont thanks for offer contacted my friend he is a bit on the fussy side but said no to your deal price was very reasonable but mileage he said was high,i personally would have jumped at it,still this is what you come up against when you yry to do favours,thanks again for offer.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi Bikerfred, thats not a problem if you find later that your friend still wants that clutch you can get in touch regards Dermot.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

HI Dermont,i really appreciate your offer &must say it is guys like you who make this site so good.It is so good to know there are guys like you out there if i personallywant help,i don't think i will be asking favours for friends,only did it this time because he does not own a computor.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi Bikerfred, Thanks for that reply, im always willing to help or give advice anyway i can regarding wings, i am a mechanic and spend most if not all of my spare time repairing wings i have had a 1200 aspencade 1500 interstate and then a gl1500 and an se 1500 before my current 1800 which i got in Texas and rode to New York over 10 days before flying it home. As i said before if i can help in any way don,t hesitate to contact me regards Dermot.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

HI,Dermot ,if i have any querys about my Goldwing in the future you will be first one i will contact.By the way not a Goldwing related subject but my Mother was born in Clonmel a town near Tipperary,maybe one day i will make the trip to her Birthplace,evry Year i say i will go but something always crops up and another year slips by,still we live in hope,bikerfred

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi Bikerfred, you should make the trip sometime Clonmel is a nice spot theres some nice mountain drives around it lovely driving on a bike. You should think about the Irish treffen next year i think its in Bandon Co Cork again and you could take in Clonmel while here. I was at the Brittish treffen this year in Norwich i think its in Wincanton next year i believe thats in Somerset, Have you attended any or are u a member of the club? DERMOT

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

HI, Dermot RE your post Sep 19 sorry for delay in reply,yes i did belong to Goldwing owners club,i was in the Essex group for about six years back in 1993 but dropped out for a number of reasons,while a member iwent oneTreffenin north Devon & oneBelgian friendship week end,plus several Wingdings in various parts of England,maybe i will make it to Irish treffen next year (please God i am still riding then)and get to see my Mother's Birthplace,i still keep in touch with one or two members in Capitol,bikerfred

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.