1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,
I have never been in a forum before so please excuse any
mistakes. I own an 83 Goldwing - standard 83,000 miles and always taken care. Oil and filter every 3,000 miles, complete
work up on what ever the manual says.
On a trip, my clutch started to act funny. Hared to shift and then easy. Trouble getting it from first to second and then all was fine. It learched when put into first but all the was OK. rode 20 miles, parking it to go to a resteraunt when it learched real bad and stalled. The clutch would not disengage after that. This is a mechanical clutch, I checked and adjusted the cable every way possible but of no avail. When the clutch was pulled, the lower unit moved so it was not a broken cable. I did however recently change the cable because
of the age and mileage of the cable. I think this may have caused the problem. I was able to trailer it home and now
need to know what to do. There are no shops near me that will touch this bike because of the age. I am very mechanically able to do whatever is needed, but just do not know where to start. I have read of this problem but no answer was available.
Any suggestions, I have looked through the manual and no help there. I am guessing the clutch but could it be the transmission?
Please advise.
I also see donations are welcomed and was wondering if there is a rate that you would like to apply? I am willing to help in any way possible and do not expect something for nothing.
Thank you and have a blessed day.
Gary

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

WELCOME From Raleigh/Durham ! :waving:

(You probably need to post your questions in the Tech section though!!)

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome ggc4724[/align]

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum ggc4724! :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:action:Welcome to the greatestforum on the net:action:
and
:action:Welcome from the "Hoosier State":action:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Hi,
I recommend that you post your questions in the technical forum.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.