Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Finally have her running after 3 yrs, when i want to put it in gear she stalls like the clutch isnt working, could it be that the system needs bled and refilled with fresh fluid? Also where is the reservoir for the clutch fluid and how is it best drained

many thanks Ali

·
Premium Member
12,778 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome ali . Yes it sounds like you need to drain/flush ,refil and bleed the clutch . The resivior is at the clutch handle on the bars . It should be under the rectangular cap . Sorry I cant help exactly with the draining and bleeding cause I have an 1100 . I believe the slave cylinder is on the loewr rear of the engine . If you look at the "Reference and FAQ " forum you will find a place to download service manuals . Glad to hear you have another of the Ole Gals backon the road . I expect you will get more answeres here soon .

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

Hey ali, welcome, the brake and clutch reseviours are on the handlebars by the grips. the brake is on the right and the clutch is on the left. take the 2 screws out of the caps and use some paper towels to soak up the fluid as mouch as you can. careful not to get any on the bike. it will take the paint off very quickly. fill the cups and flush a lot to make sure you get the thick stuff out. you will need to bleed it all the way through the slave cylinder on the back side of the engine. i had to loosen the nut on the reseviour and start bleeding it there. make sure you don't drain the fluid or you'll have to start over again. when i got my bike the fluid looked like puding. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.