Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have a 82 Aspencade been running great but today I wanted to move it in the shop it was in gear so I applied the clutch lever in then tried to move the bike but it was like the clutch would not release so I put it in neutrel and move it . So do I have a problem there or what

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
imported post

:(Cold clutchs tend to stick. Sometimes even hot ones will drag with the engine off and the clutch pulled in. If you don't have a problem when it is hot and running I would not be to concerned though you might want to check your lever adjustment. :p

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Due for an oil change so I will check how much comes out as my view oil window is old and can not see it well, Oh is there a dip stick that I can put in instead?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

JC Whitney sells a dip stick kit for the 1100's. It screws in where the drainplug is in the front.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you I will order one right now

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Spider007 wrote:
Thank you I will order one right now
I finally put my dipstick on a week ago when I did an oil change, love it!!!

BTY, if the tubing doesn't quite line up straight to go into the fitting just bend it a little at a time till it lines up. Also take note the dipstick isn't marked. You need to put in enough oil to just show on the lower line in the site glass, then pull the dip stick, wipe and put back in but don't screw it down. This will be when you use a small file to mark the lower oil mark. Once marked for the low mark then fill the rest of the oil to the top fill mark on the site glass and mark this as the full mark on the dipdtick. After this always check the oil level with the dipstick unscrewed, since you have to pull it anyways to wipe it off from oil splash up the tube when the engine is running.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Pour some sea foam into that old oil & clean out the inside of your engine & tranny. Your clutches will benefit from this. Run a tank of fuel through the bike than change the oil. these lower temps will make the clutch drag a bit more until the oil thins up from heat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.