Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 1984 gl 1200 i
my clutch when being drove seams to build pressure in the clutch line and cause the clutch to slip
i then have to loosen the line at the master to release the pressure at witch brake fluid
comes out
i have bled the clutch and replace the clutch slave unit. and replace the clutch
Misty

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,202 Posts
imported post

Can't help you, but someone will in a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you might be in for a fluid change. It can get kind of gunky. There's a return "port" or hole where the fluid is returned to the master cylinder once you've let go of the clutch lever. It's a pressure relief. It can get plugged after a few years with this gunk, and needs to be cleaned out. It's very small and easy to over look when rebuilding, Iuse a piece of wire from a steel brush and it does a good job.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

Rebuild your master as per advise on return port hole and if that doesnt cure it then you need to replace the clutch hose line from the master to the slave.

Over time they can deteriorate internally and seperate which causes it to collapse

and not allow fluid to return.

Just as it happens in the front brake flex lines of automobiles

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

bikgra wrote:
Rebuild your master as per advise on return port hole and if that doesnt cure it then you need to replace the clutch hose line from the master to the slave.

Over time they can deteriorate internally and seperate which causes it to collapse

and not allow fluid to return.

Just as it happens in the front brake flex lines of automobiles
Thats right. I had a brake caliper that kept sticking and it was the flex hose.It deteriorates internally . Pressure from the cylinder would flow through, but release pressure is nothing more than gravity and with the hose bad inside it would not let fluid flow back to release pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.