Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New engine is running good but now I have another question. Every since I installed the new engine, the transmission will try to engage while stopped with the clutch lever engaged. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be agravating. It seems to get better in the afternoon when the temperature is hot than it is in the mornings. I have triple checked the cable tension and it appears to be fine (around 5/16th play) and it does disengage the clutch like it should it just doesn't stay engaged sometimes. The transplanted engine had set up for awhile so I'm hoping maybe the plates are a little sticky. I put Rotella 15w 40 oil in it.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

I'd say run it for a while and see what happens.If it gets worst start digging,if it gets better great.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

Try a little seafoam in the crankcase to clean off the gunge....may be all you need.

When mine was doing your symptoms, the damper plate was coming apart....eventually I couldn't disengage the freakin' thing....here's hoping yours is just from sitting awhile...very possible.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.