Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok wingers, I got a code 26. swapped the knock sensors and got code25. this is supposed to verify a bad sensor. Replaced the faulty sensor and still getting code. Do I have to clear the ecu some how?
any help will be greatly appreciated. Tired of seeing that red light!!!!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Model n year?

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
Ok wingers, I got a code 26. swapped the knock sensors and got code25. this is supposed to verify a bad sensor. Replaced the faulty sensor and still getting code. Do I have to clear the ecu some how?
That does indicate a bad sensor. Sure you replaced the faulty one?

Reactions: redwing52

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
1,372 Posts
If your fault followed the sensor, you replaced the sensor and now you have a fault that follows the new sensor......must have received a defective new sensor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To clarify may I ask what sensor did you replace with a new one? Left or Right?

Which code keeps back?

Tex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To clarify may I ask what sensor did you replace with a new one? Left or Right?

Which code keeps back?

Tex

I replaced the right sensor.I am still getting a code25 which is for right sensor

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts
It sounds like the ECU is the reason for the fault. There has been a rash of these faults lately where the Knock Sensor code has been thrown but the end result on every one was a bad ECU.

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
1,372 Posts
How can a bad ECU call out a left sensor and when moved to the right side the ECU calls out the right sensor? Wingrider69, did you move the new sensor to the left side and test again??

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
IF,
you are still getting a bad code, and if you indeed swapped the sensors to the opposite side and got a different code, it is NOT the ECM.

a "new to you part" is not always " a good working part ", so get another ' new sensor '.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well to make sure, I switch them back. To test if memory serves me, raise above 2500 RPM , 10 seconds... to have the ECM test for active knock sensors.

Mine when tested, showed 59-60 hertz at the ECM connector both left and right. I Tested the actual sensor and wiring... together.

If you have a Frequency capable multimeter you could try that. Back probe the knock sensor wire at the ECM connector, raise the rpm above 2500 and measure the Hertz.

Switching the actual sensors to make sure the fault code stays on that same side ... kinda confirms the issue, it’s the ECM or the wiring or actual connector at the knock sensor.

Wish you luck

Tex

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts

used: good?

get the whole kaboodle for $55

used, good?
$12

used: good?

get the whole kaboodle for $55

used, good?
$12

Is the Oxygen and Knock sensor one in the same? You are showing multiple listings for Oxygen sensors.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
no, they are not, I goofed.
only look at the Knock Sensors, I will edit out the wrong ones.

this time, looking for 'knock' only got 2 hits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts