Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The clymer manuel for my 1987 Asp. 1200 says cylinder 4&2 on one coil cylinder 1&3 on the other coil. on my bike as you are looking forward the plug wires are for cylinder 4-3-2-1 Whats the correct way? Thanks in advance.

Alski

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Sitting on the seat, Cylinder #1 is Front Right. #2 is Front Left. #3 is Right Rear. #4 is Left Rear.

The coil wires (looking at back side of coils where plug wires exit) go (from right to left) 1-2-3-4.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

If what you say is correct, why does my wing in dirrect opposite of what you say run

so good. And differant then the clymer manuel. We have to figur this out.

Alski

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

alski425 wrote:
If what you say is correct, why does my wing in dirrect opposite of what you say run

so good. And differant then the clymer manuel. We have to figur this out.
Alski, the clymer is wrong on the coil cylinder supply..

Cyls 1 & 2 (R/ ft- L/ ft) are on one coil & cyls 3 &4 (R/ rr-L/ rr) are on the other coil..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Twisty

What I am trying to figur out? On my wing sitting on bike. left coil cly.4 & 3 right coil cly. 2 & 1. Its been this way since I got the bike and it runs good. Is there really a correct way?

Alski

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

alski425 wrote:
Twisty

What I am trying to figur out? On my wing sitting on bike. left coil cly.4 & 3 right coil cly. 2 & 1. Its been this way since I got the bike and it runs good. Is there really a correct way?

Alski
Alski, the side the coil is on really doesn't matter, all that matters is the coil wires from a coil go the the two spark plugs that match up with the side the ign box fires at that time. You could swap coils side to side & not see any difference as long as all the wires going to them remains hooked up to the coils as they are now..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The Clymer manual has been known to have other errors as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.