Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK I am so sick of seeing CL listings for bikes that are "definitely a collector". First off you ignorant arrogant bobble head the word you want is collectible. Secondly your 1975 Yamaha xs650...yeah no that is NOT a collectible bike. They only made about 14 billion of those things.

In order for that bike, or anything of it's ilk to be collectible it would have to be in absolutely pristine all original condition and it would have to have belonged to someone special. Like it would have have been George Bush's Bike and him and Barbara would had to have conceived little G.W. on it. Then MAYBE it would have come value to a collector.

But you beat to hell,50k+ mile barn dweller with a vindicator fairing hogging down the front end...yeah no that's a heap of **** that might be worth a few hundred bucks....if the damn thing ran.

And then there is the **RARE** 79 CB750...news flash pumkin...they only 28 billion of those.

No your one of a fricken gazillion basic import street bike is NOT rare, the only thing in your life that is rare is an intelligent thought.

No your 1985 550 Seca is NOT rare...in fact you can't throw a rock from your back door without it bouncing off at least three of them. Hell if it was made in 1985...IT AIN"T rare...it's just unwanted...big damn difference.

And seriously....your asking prices...HAVE to be typos. Seriously three thousand dollars for a 30 year old 750 cc bike...that "needs work"? Your mother do a lot a drugs before you were born? You do a lot of drugs since then?

I know people want to make as much money as they can off a sale but...damn.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmm.......

Bad Day?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

And ripping a bunch of part off it doesn't mean you get to call it a bobber, No numb nuts it's just a bike missing half the **** off the rear end.

"great project bike" Yeah we know what the means too, your dumb ass took it apart and can't figure out how to put it back together again, AND you never bothered to actually repair what ever was wrong with it that maid you take apart in the first place and "it's all there just needs to be put back together" is line of horse **** a mile long. Because you know damn well you've lost some parts over the last seven years that pile of junk has been kicked from side of the garage to the other. AND you damn well half the **** that is still laying around is broken/corroded to dust/bent/scratched/or just plain worthless. And there is a really good chance that at least six of those parts are from something else, and at least two of the six aren't even from a motorcycle at all!

"It ran when I parked it" No it didn't. Otherwise you wouldn't have parked it. It broke. You couldn't fix it so it sat there for the last 12 years becoming a "collector". yeah...dust,corrosion,rodent, and stinging/biting insect collector.

"Just needs a few things" yeah like 75% of the parts and a title.

"Need a little TLC" Translation, it's going to cost you a second mortgage on your house to even begin trying to restore this rusted/rotted piece of absolute crap of a eyesore that your wife told you had to go before you could even think about getting laid again.

"Ready to ride. Lots of new parts." Translation, you can't afford to spend anymore money trying to get that boat anchor road worthy so you're selling it to try to recoup some of your loss. But the reality is you know damn well something is going to fail/give out/just fall the hell off the damn thing less than ten miles down the road.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Isn't it wonderful that we don't post a lot of CL listings, never gave it a thought one way or the other...I have two Gold Wings and one 78 GS-1000 Suzuki, maybe soon a 750 Vulcan???....What are they worth???? Not much, but at least they are mine paid for and if I ever decide to sell one, I'm going to get George and Barb to sign a paper saying GW Jr. was conceived on it....

Should I go shopping for another motorcycle in my life time, I'm not going to be buying any more "needs a little TLC", so I won't be looking at CL ads, I'll be looking at a dealer or a member here wanting to sell me their "gently used" 1800.....

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
And ripping a bunch of part off it doesn't mean you get to call it a bobber, No numb nuts it's just a bike missing half the s*** off the rear end.

"great project bike" Yeah we know what the means too, your dumb ass took it apart and can't figure out how to put it back together again, AND you never bothered to actually repair what ever was wrong with it that maid you take apart in the first place and "it's all there just needs to be put back together" is line of horse s*** a mile long. Because you know damn well you've lost some parts over the last seven years that pile of junk has been kicked from side of the garage to the other. AND you damn well half the s*** that is still laying around is broken/corroded to dust/bent/scratched/or just plain worthless. And there is a really good chance that at least six of those parts are from something else, and at least two of the six aren't even from a motorcycle at all!

"It ran when I parked it" No it didn't. Otherwise you wouldn't have parked it. It broke. You couldn't fix it so it sat there for the last 12 years becoming a "collector". yeah...dust,corrosion,rodent, and stinging/biting insect collector.

"Just needs a few things" yeah like 75% of the parts and a title.

"Need a little TLC" Translation, it's going to cost you a second mortgage on your house to even begin trying to restore this rusted/rotted piece of absolute crap of a eyesore that your wife told you had to go before you could even think about getting laid again.

"Ready to ride. Lots of new parts." Translation, you can't afford to spend anymore money trying to get that boat anchor road worthy so you're selling it to try to recoup some of your loss. But the reality is you know damn well something is going to fail/give out/just fall the hell off the damn thing less than ten miles down the road.
Hey Man, Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.:lash::badgrin::D

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

"There is a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I love your enthusiasm!!! I once looked at a toyota celica, ad said "all original, never been wrecked". When I got there, it had clearly been painted with krylon, now black, it used to be red (see through the terrible paint). The trunk was pushed up, as was the hood, and the doors were both lifted up (freeway sandwich is my guess). I called the guy on it, he looked me dead in the eye, "no, is all origino, ne'er been regged".

I had another jack ass try to trade me a "83" suburban on CL for the aspencade I sold last month, he told me it hadbeen sitting about 3 years, had a new crate engine and only neededabout $1000 to finish and get on the road. When I got there I noticed the following:

no master cylinder

no intake/induction system

no power steering pump or brackets, but good open and dusty lines were there

no a/c compressor or bracket, but lines were same as power steering :shock:

no drive shaft (front or rear)

tranny dumping fluid

four flat tires with plumber's crack

seizedbrakes

no front bumper

rust holes in both rear quarters I could fit my whole arm through

no grill

no springs on the hood hinges

it had rear air, but it looked like someone took a sledge hammer to it

seats were down to the foam, and not much of that left either

steering wheel was almost totally bare steel

rear diff seals were shot, front brake lines not even hooked up

exhaust was cut off before the cats just behind the firewall

drivers side window had three full length cracks

windshield was toaste

the entire passenger side interior plastic was missing

the firewall had fist sized rust holes

it had a rare in dash tach, that was jammed at 6000 rpm?:shock:?

speedo needle had fallen off

and it was a colorado truck last registered in '89, and he had lost the title during his divorce

and, oh yeah, the tag on the door jam said it was a '78

I guess that one falls in the category of "just needs a little TLC". The jack ass actually insisted that 5000lbs paper weight was "worth $1500 easy", he was quite offended when I didn't take him up on his offer.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

Somebody better call the doc and lock up the pets and small children. Somebody needs to have his meds adjusting.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

From the title of the thread I thought you had just mispelled "Collator" and it was gonna have something to do with everything notbeing in their specific order. Boy was I wrong!

Seriously though BW I agree. But ya know, for every one person like you that catches the obvious like that on CL, there are probably 20 that fall right into the trap. Hell, that's the reason for CL's success anyhow. Cast out the bait and wait for the fish to bite.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Man, that looked like a Saber Cycle welcome letter.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Needs TLC (Thousands in Local Currency)

Rare: Spare parts even rarer.

One reason they are rare is that no one wanted them when they were new and actually ran.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

good one brokewinger

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Man, that looked like a Saber Cycle welcome letter.
:ROFL: That was very good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.