Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'd like to know when Honda will offer "Hot Rod Yellow" again, as a color on the GL1800. I heard that 2009 was to be the 50th Anniversary of Honda Motorcycle in America and was hoping for an Anniversary Model in yellow. Now I hear HMA is pulling out of Ohio and moving back to the land of the rising sun. I hope it's not some bean-counter in Japan calling the shots! They always have a tendencey to muck things up.

Oh well, guess I'll have to put another 166,000 miles on my '01.

Honda, you got a good thing with the Wing... please don't mess it up!

James

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

I had a yellow 01 and liked it a lot. I to can't understand why Honda wants to paint all there gold wings like some SUV. A motorcycle should look fast even standing stil.

burt

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

old yellerwelcome to the forum, pull up a seat and visit a while, you'll soon see that Mother Honda only need to produce the fastest colour RED

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

Hope they Don't follow BMW's options for the K1200lt for this year you have the choice of BLACK orpaint it yourself any colour you like.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

I recently bought a new in NZ 2007 GL1800. All 07 wings in NZ seem to be blue. The one I purchased had been painted pearl yellow straight out of the box. The dealer assures me I have the only yellow07 GL1800 in NZ. I never looked at the 08 model over here. It has an airbag & sat nav & a price tag NZ$5000.00 more @ NZ$40000.00

:bash2::18yellow:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well I found out last week that the '09 models (last ones to be built in USA) will have Hot Rod Yellow as a color choice. Now all I need is about $26K for the new bike!

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Bug Guts Yellow - probably the safest and most visible colour on the road. Many years ago, GPO vans were this colour for that reason.

Trouble is, its such a devisive colour - you either love it or hate it. I have never met anyone who is in the middle ground and just thinks its okay. Personally, I hate it, but each to their own.

Agree with Tanygaer, red is the fastest colour.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

myjetstream wrote:
I recently bought a new in NZ 2007 GL1800. All 07 wings in NZ seem to be blue. The one I purchased had been painted pearl yellow straight out of the box. The dealer assures me I have the only yellow07 GL1800 in NZ. I never looked at the 08 model over here. It has an airbag & sat nav & a price tag NZ$5000.00 more @ NZ$40000.00

:bash2::18yellow:
Thats because Kiwis deserve nothing but the fastest and sexiest colour! BLUE!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

I Wish honda would come out with the forest green again besides the wineberry color I think its one of the nicest ! Just my 2 cents worth !

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Hummer52051 - Yes! A shade of metallic green would be refreshing. Also, a light metallic blue would be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.