Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
imported post

been there in my 73 Ford Bronco

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

I was up it in the cage, but when I was, there were numerous GoldWings coming up as I was coming down. It really made me wish I had convinced the wife to bring the bike along. :(

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Our member Beenshot has been there on his yellow trike and he posted a video of it on youtube......

I was there with him but was having electrical problems with my 1500 the day they went to the top of Pikes Peak so I did not get to ride my wing up there.
This was in June 2011.

http://youtu.be/rpNYUaE_BF4

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

As an 8 year resident of the Springs, I have been up there...be warned, hard packed dirt road last 1/4 of way up. The temp can be anywhere from 25-45 degrees, windy, and weather can move in fast. Just be prepared.
Great Pics if your up there on a clear day!!!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

Bamaeagle wrote:
Our member Beenshot has been there on his yellow trike and he posted a video of it on youtube......

I was there with him but was having electrical problems with my 1500 the day they went to the top of Pikes Peak so I did not get to ride my wing up there.
This was in June 2011.

http://youtu.be/rpNYUaE_BF4
I sure wish Jerry's bike would have been running that day. it is a nice ride to the top and the gravel portion of the road is hard packed enough to not give any trouble.

here is some pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrviCNF5yQ

here is a video of the gravel portion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJRJV_9m5M

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Leaving thur for Col.If I have good weather, would like to ride to the peak.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
imported post

Drove to the top in October 2010. (08 wing) The section that is dirt is so hard packed the transition from pavement to dirt is seamless.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I've been up it, can't remember when, maybe in '08 '09. At that time, with my VTX loaded with about 150lbs of camping and junk. Road was being graded and always riding over a hump left by the grader, it was a fun experience, not. But I've been there.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Rode up Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans in June this year. Pikes Peak was great, but I thought Mt. Evans was better. Of course, I was fortunate to have great weather for both rides. Highly recommend...

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

BTW, do the ride in the morning. DO NOT ride it after noon. Those mountains create their own weather systems and are bad to blow up thunder and lightening storms in the afternoons. It's extremely dangerous to get caught in one, especially on a MC.

Good luck.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
654 Posts
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Rode up Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans in June this year. Pikes Peak was great, but I thought Mt. Evans was better. Of course, I was fortunate to have great weather for both rides. Highly recommend...
Me Too! :raspberry:

I thought the view was much better on top of Mt. Evans. But the road going to the top of Pikes Peak was great!

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
imported post

Mt Evans in 2006 - 2008 & 2009

Pikes Peak in 2010

They are great - but do not miss Indepenence Pass !

Sept 2010 - Pikes Peak

Mt Evans road - 2006

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

definately some good riding in Colorado and I was never on a road that wasn't worth the time to ride it. the problem is there is just not enough time in one trip to go everywhere and I am certainly looking forward to the day that I can get back out there.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Been there - I like the new pavement but it does get a little slipery in the weather... and there's a fee.

Recently, the fee bit changed for the MtEvans road (I've not been since the change) -- now you pay when you stop/park etc (since the road is a state highway and collection would represent a toll).

Kinda makes ya wanna live near ... yeah, does NOT suck!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Was up there in June this year on my Goldwing. Road is now paved the whole way. Parking area at the top is still not paved. Cost $12 to go up. You can find a coupon on the web for $2 off. So it would only cost you $10. You should check the current weather conditions at the top before you go up.

·
Premium Member
55,657 Posts
imported post

I don't know, but if it's a National Park and you have the senior pass it would be free..........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.