Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My hands are killing me after a run, maybe it is because the grips are stock, only 21 years old,

I am wanting some comfortable gripsand looks are secondary to me,, I have seen so many brands I am lost, Kuryakyn, Grabon,Progrip,Bikemaster,Salindo,Johar, ect...Please tell me what you use and recommend...

thanks,

Dean

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

There are lots of handgrips ,,I use Kuryakyn ,,but do yourself a favour and get a throttle boss..it is a flat piece that goes on the end of the throttle handgrip and it allows use to use the flat of your hand to use the throttle instead of griping the throttle tight all the time ,,I find it excellent on a long run ,,,you can see them on the kuryakyn site or bigbike parts site ..cheers Ciaran :waving:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

A throttle boss really takes the strain off the right wrist. Well worth investing in.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Who holds the hand grips? I just lock the throttle down and let go- that leaves two hands free to diddle with the radio! Of course Im raving looney too...:cheeky1::baffled:

the little plastic throttle locks are nice, especially if the tension is let off enough to just hold the throttle at speed, but you can still turn it back by hand without releasing the lever in an emergency.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

I rode my 1100 with stock grips for about a month, thinking there was NO way a set of grips should be worth $60. But my hands were just killing me after each commute (60 miles one way), so I took a risk. I can honestly say that the Kuryakyn grips SHOULD have been my first serious purchase. My hands no longer get numb and sore like they used to - they just feel great. My GL1100 has the factory standard "Vista Cruise" which works great, but I can see where a throttle boss would be a very good idea in addition (or instead).

In addition to their ability to eliminate vibration and add cushion, they are somewhat larger in circumference, and in my opinion that alone makes for a much more comfortable grip.

My opinion - get a nice set of vibration dampening grips. I like my Kurys, but maybe they are all equally good?

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I've been using the Italian Grand Tourismo grips. They're pretty comfortable for me and larger diameter in the middle.

G

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks to everyone for the input...I bought the Kuryakyn 6180s and the throttle boss 6250, today...seems a little expensive but sometimes you have to pay a nickle more to go first class....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.