Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried but couldn't stay away. I sold the Burgman 650 today and tomorrow am going to go look at a 2004 GL1800. Red of course. The scooter was fun but was a bit tiring after a 150 or so miles on the road. Great little machine around town but took a lot more attention going down the road at freeway speeds, just took a more effort keeping it on track. No cruise either.
So I'll keep hitting the glucosamine tablets to keep the joint pain down in the knees and get back on a 'Wing. There just isn't anything like one.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I'm with you on that one, add MSM and it will do wonders. If I didn't take MSM and Glucosamine daily I wouldn't be able to walk much less ride

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I tried but couldn't stay away. I sold the Burgman 650 today and tomorrow am going to go look at a 2004 GL1800. Red of course. The scooter was fun but was a bit tiring after a 150 or so miles on the road. Great little machine around town but took a lot more attention going down the road at freeway speeds, just took a more effort keeping it on track. No cruise either.
So I'll keep hitting the glucosamine tablets to keep the joint pain down in the knees and get back on a 'Wing. There just isn't anything like one.
Good to hear that you are heading back onto a Wing. I take my hat off to those that can ride scooters for any distance even if they are a 650:leprechaun:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Good news. I have thought about using knee braces at some point when riding for extra support.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,911 Posts
Welcome back! I hate to say it (no I don,t) but "I told you so". :raspberry: Good on you. :claps:

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
I'm with you on that one, add MSM and it will do wonders. If I didn't take MSM and Glucosamine daily I wouldn't be able to walk much less ride

MSM, what is that ?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
MSM is a suppliment like Glucosamine that works to lubricate joints and help with mobility
all I can say is it works for me and it's not drug laced so there are no nasty potential side effects that are worse than the original problem

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Thanks. I have been taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin capsules for years for a bad knee and it works great. Keeps the Gout down also.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Hodgy,, PM sent

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
:claps:Best of luck in making a deal on your next bike Paul . Only you know what works best for your riding . Enjoy the ride .

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
Boy, I have been gone a while. Last I knew you just sold your SilverWing and were happier than hell with the 1800. You had a Burgman, sold your 1800 and are looking for another? My sanity is no longer in question....:)

Wait a minute.....this was posted on April Fool's day.......hmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Right on Paul!! Heck, if you're gonna hurt, better to hurt on a ride, than in your easy chair,right? Best of luck on your hunt for a new steed! jimsjinx:claps:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boy, I have been gone a while. Last I knew you just sold your SilverWing and were happier than hell with the 1800. You had a Burgman, sold your 1800 and are looking for another? My sanity is no longer in question....
Wait a minute.....this was posted on April Fool's day.......hmmmmmmmm
Nope it's just me trying out options. Works out pretty good too, sold the 1800 for what I had in it, bought the SW and discovered it's load rating was a bit low for me and the woman who hangs around here. Got a good deal on a Burgman 650 which could legitimately handle the two of us. Found the Burgman has a dicy transmission that strikes randomly and can cost $3000 to repair. That made me leery of the 650. Sold it for $500 more than I paid for it and am now looking at 1800s. Checked out a couple so far and am looking at one this afternoon. The SW may or may not stay once I have a GW. I'd like to keep it but running out of space for more vehicles.
So there, you're caught up, your sanity has been restored and spring weather is improving. Ride safely Mikef!:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
:shock::shock:

Welcome back Paul, :waving:

Geez, if you had wanted to upgrade from your previous wing, why go through all this and miss a riding season on the wing? Should have just gone ahead and gotten the 04 last year. :raspberry::raspberry:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
SSSwwwaaaeeeeeeetttt! Welcome back! :claps:

·
Premium Member
67,757 Posts
Now you'll be able to give your brother a run for his money ;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a '06 today. Pretty well equipped though no ABS. Cabernet Red, 29,000 miles, new tires and overall a good looking bike. Looks like the owner traded some parts with a black bike, the strips around the trunk and on the saddlebags are black as are the mirrors and front piece below the windshield. Looks kinda cool. Different looking anyway. It needs some highway pegs which I'll put on her when I get it home next week when I'll post some pics and change my avatar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.