Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I cut quite a bit off the windshield awhile back. I like where I have it for viewing, and I am ok with the wind-even though its a bit rougher.

I did notice that when I have clear road, the buffeting is fine. But as soon as I get behind another rig, of any type it seems, the buffeting changes and my visor starts edging downward. Thats kind of annoying, ya know...

So, inasmuch as I have been called brave and stupid (sometimes in the same breath) I just finished using a heat gun to warm the top center of the shield. I curved it out a bit just in the center, to create a bit of a lip. Not much minde you-just about a quarter inch out over about 2" of plastic.

I'll let you know. I figger I may have to replace it anyways, why not take a stab at it?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Well, I got some hiway time with the formed lip on the shield. Its a bit better than it was, so I am going to take it a bit further...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

it forms a lip to kick the air more upwards. Very slight movements for starters...

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Oh, I get it. For some reason I thought you were cutting, not just bending. One of my windscreens had curl at the top like that. Ok, still need pictures.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

my first move was small, so as to not totally mess it up. It wouldnt have shown much in the pics. We'll see about this next one.

·
Premium Member
64,572 Posts
imported post

On the STs just above the head light built into the faring is an air scoop.. It brings air up the INSIDE of the wind screen.. This air hits the air coming off the front of the wind screen and pushes the wind over your head..
I wounder if the air coming in through the area under the dash but the handle bar tree could be routed the same way........

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

How is your reshaping doing vs distortion Dick? The slot Foodman mentioned does much the same as a windshield vent on a 'Wing.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

for my first small adjustment, yes there is some distortion, but I dont find it to be an issue. I know that I may end up replacing it, but I figger why not give it a whirl.

I am already better off, not having to look through the plastic-it was too tall to begin with. I will do some more tomorrow, and let you know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.