Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have an '80 I with the full Clarion II system fitted except for the tape deck. My wife and I bought J & M headsets and we are very pleased with the communications we have.

However my wife is now wanting a bike of her own. With money being a very high consideration does anyone know of a communication system that will work with the five pin headset she has. I am thinking CB since that is what I have on my Goldwing but I have not found any that use the five pin headset for her bike. My wife doesn't have a bike yet but is looking at getting a Suzuki GZ 250 or Honda Rebel. Since I expect her to want something bigger in about a years time ideally the communication system could be moved to her next bike.

Any ideas please? Ideally I'd like to utilize as much of the existing hardware that we already have.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

skoto1 wrote:
Couple that with this Midland CB.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MID-75-822

40 CH CB Handheld with
10 VHF Weather Channels

OPERATES WITH THE RHD-20 HARNESS

Ultra compact and State-of-Art design.
NOAA Weather Receiver, 10 Channels, US and Canada
Scan all 40 CB Channels
5 Memory Channels with Memory Scan and AC Adaptor

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thank you for your responses. I actually have one of those Midland CBs so it looks like I'll just have to buy a headset.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

BM, I have older Radio Shack versions of that radio that I've configuered in all sorts of ways... great little radios if used within their limits. Perfect for bike-to-bike transportable comms. Use on the bike when under way, then use off the bike when on foot at shows, events, what-have-you....

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

My wife and I use FRS radios to communicate from bike to bike. For one, they are quieter and you can program different squelch codes, so you won't have to compete with truckers, etc. But you won't have the range that a CB has. She has the Motocomm headset in the ebay link above and it works pretty good. Her headset plugs directly into the FRS radio which she wears on her belt. On my wing, I added an Airrider Add-a-radio black box interface which ties into the intercom. I have a PTT switch mounted on the left handlebar and a FRS radio mounted on the right brake reseivor using a RAM mount.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Awesome. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.