Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant believe I am doing this after a 2 year restoration, but I am going to sell my wing.
I know many folks on this forum followed my rebuild thread located here

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/10-reference-faq-forum/358624-82-gl1100-interstate-rescue.html

I don't even know what to ask for it. What is it worth ? I don't know so I am open to offers.

The bike runs, rides, and handles great ! I just don't like it. I guess Im still in that sport bike / cruiser mind set.
I put less than 2,000 miles on it this summer because unless I was going somewhere with my wife, I found myself getting on one of my other bikes.
I tried to convince myself to like it due to the amount of work I put into it but that isn't working.
My 74 year old dad , who had many wings says I'm still to young to appreciate it....Im 43 .:?

Here are some pics. Believe me when I say it looks better in person. I love looking at it but I just don't enjoy riding it. There wasn't any sun when I took these.

Wait... how do you post pics on this new forum? I cant find the G that I used to click on !

Just went back and pulled up my rebuild thread and none of the pics are coming up. Are they all lost since the new forum take over ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am about to sell my M109 Boulevard to buy a 1982 GL1100 Interstate in Australia. I'm 38 so bad idea? Haven't ridden one yet and I can find one locally to ride.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Mordi, I got back to riding on an '82 GL1100 Standard, like many here, after 30+ years of not riding . The biggest bike I owned up until then was a 500 cc Yamma-hammer street bike. I don't think I really had a lot of trouble transitioning into the bike. Grant it from not riding for all those years I was probably overly cautious, but what old, fat, gray headed guy isn't? I think you'll find the GL is going to be a little heavy at a stop and when maneuvering initially but I would think you'll get comfortable with the 1100 without much trouble. Send pics when you get it.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Ginsco, I can't believe you'd sell it so soon after that awesome rebuild you did to this bike. Whoever buys it is buying a brand new 82. Good luck with the sale :)

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I started riding again after 20 years 5years ago started out with a 1100, now have an 1800 so far so good.I'm 66 now.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Unfortunately, the interest in GL1100s has wained. Sometimes I think that I will be the last one riding a 1100.

I sold a really nice 1982 Interstate in Wineberry color for $1995 2 years ago in the Spring. The year later I sold my very nice 1983 1100 Aspencade for $2200. That is probably the price range you are looking at and I have to say that will be a March to June time frame for that price too.

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
You probably won't get what you have in it but that is the hazard of rebuilding and selling anything. All depends on how the economy is I think. I sold my worn out 83 for $2500 about 5 years ago, sold a nice 81 std. for $2000 last year and the 1st guy to see it bought it and didn't try to talk me down, should have asked more. Priced my 82 to a guy for $3500 trying to not sell it and I think if he had the money in his pocket he would have bought it on the spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.