Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just purchased a 1980 GL1100 with the intent of refurbishing over the winter. Bike is in good condition overall but needs some TLC.

During my "get familiar" session, I came across a component that seems to have lost all the black potting material, but it isn't clear the reason for this component! The device sits just forward of the turn signal flasher on the LH side of the false tank. In the attached picture it is the component on the left that has "OKI" cast on the face. I looked through the Haynes, Clymer, and service manuals but didn't see anything.

Worst comes to worst, I can trace the wiring diagrams, but grandma's eye's didn't like them 20 years ago and don't like them any better today!

Any information most helpful and thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

those little items are called ingniters . they tell the coils when to spark the wires and pluges .not uncommon to see the rasin fill to melt a bit. if too much has melted out --you can mix some up and refill them . there are two of the , just bolted togather.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks! This is a great site and (I expect) will be much utilized in the coming months...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.