Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do you change the SS tool bar.

I do not have a "spell checker" on my home PC, but from work (yeah , I know) I do have a spell checker. Makes me more productive using the ABC button.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Oh, I'm with you there, without a spell checker I'm dirt, no I'm lower than that. The spell checker at least brings me up to level. If you see some of my posts you see all these edits where I found misspelled words, I have a habit of hitting send before I check.:doh:

So, how do you change the SS toolbar, I don't' know:D but I'll watch this thread, cause I need all the spell help I can get.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Don't know about changing/modifyingthe SS toolbar :baffled: .... but, I installed the Google tool bar and it has a spell checker on it that I find useful, from time to time. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

The SS Toolbar does have a spell check, but it only shows up on my Avant browser, and on the IE browser (it is a very good toolbar, actually). I also have Opera and Firefox, but they only show a very limited toolbar...I am running Vista Home version on this Toshiba laptop...:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I use IE on both, vista at home and xp at work.

I justthink it's weird that thehtm SS tool bar shows up differently.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

Firefox has a very good spell checker available.
Tools; Addons; Get Extensions:

You might install and check out the following;
SpellCheck
SpellBound

and others follow:
=============
English - Greek Spelling dictionary
by pkst

English-Greek spell-checking dictionary for Firefox, Mozilla thunderbird and Seamonkey mail for easier spell checking in bilingual text.If you need better spelling results try the respective stand-alone...
=============
Canadian English Dictionary
by Paul Schmiedge

For some reason, Mozilla doesn't have a Canadian localization team, but I know that even the British dictionary doesn't quite cut it for the truly patriotic.
================
Dictionary.com
by sebaz
experimental

Preview Image of Dictionary.com

Look up words in dictionary and thesaurus at dictionary.com or check the spelling at spellcheck.net.
=====================

There are a lot more available. this is just the ones that pertain to the English language that I saw on a first run through.

Firefox has a lot of power that other browsers don't offer.
It has in the last couple of years completely converted me from Opera, Avast, Exploder (which I detest).

It is really worth a try and worth the trouble to get used to the slightly different menu bar setup. I'm at the point that Exploder exasperates me because it does not offer me any of the tools that I use all the time.

And here is a list of the Add-Ons that I consider my staples and must have.

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

I am currently running Vista on a relatively new HP laptop. I clicked on "buy it now" before noticing that I could have bought it with XP.

I am so pissed at Vista, it is a piece of sheeet, and that is putting it mildly. I tried to load XP on this laptop instead of Vista. Guess what? If you didn't buy it with an XP license, HP won't let you have the drivers you need. :p :p :p

I had to reload it with Vista. :p

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

The short answer is you cannot change the tool bar, it has different charataristics depending upon the browswer and version of that browser.

Sorry..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.