Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am also a Gun enthusiast and CPL (concealed pistol license) holder I have recently taken up the sport of Bow Hunting and also shoot Archery on an indoor league at the sportsmans club I belong to.
Any other Bow Hunters and/or Target shooters around here??

- Jeff

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
I own a crossbow but have never hunted with it. Used to have a compound bow but my shoulders got too painful to draw it back.

·
Administrator
58,460 Posts
Although I am also a Gun enthusiast and CPL (concealed pistol license) holder I have recently taken up the sport of Bow Hunting and also shoot Archery on an indoor league at the sportsmans club I belong to.
Any other Bow Hunters and/or Target shooters around here??

- Jeff

Apparently you can, the thread took it :grin3:

Maybe the Forum's title ought to be a bit more encompassing?
but, I wanted it short and sweet.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I've done 'bout enough firing range time to nearly blow out my ear drums, , ,my brother was WA State Champ in Free-Bow back in the late 70's, , ,and this sounds like are REALLY good idea. I can see a Cross-bow, or compound bow in my future. There are a few archery ranges close (I think). Gonna have to visit a Cabela's and find a range.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
I've done 'bout enough firing range time to nearly blow out my ear drums, .
There is such thing as ear protection. I did enough shooting without it to cause permanent damage before I was enlightened myself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been a hunter most of my life and started bowhunting in 2010 and almost want to give up firearms hunting completely. It totally changes the game. I use a compound and feel safe shooting deer out to 60 yards. I am fortunate and live in the country so my range is out my back door and feel for those bow hunters that live in cities that prohibit shooting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm with you dwade, I hunted private property with my bow -- right on thru gun season!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have shot several deer with my crossbow and now hope to do so with my compound bow. I also gun hunt but really like the archery the best.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 6 year old grandson is getting started- ! I'm very excited he's taking an interest. This is him shooting the 3D range for the first time..

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Michigan Bow Season for Deer begins October 1st - My preparation for that day started the first of june. I hunt a small private land area (about 10 acres). It a nice mix of woods and fields. Until yesterday I've only gotten Doe's and Fawns on my camera- Now Daddy finally showed himself-
Here's a few of the pictures he posed for..

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Nice one. I leave the bucks alone, too many does around here.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still a Newbe at this sport- Shot a Doe with a muzzle loader two years ago- Harvested a nice size Doe last fall with my bow.. My friends say I'll be setting the bar high if i'm able to harvest that buck as my First Buck.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More trail camera action last week -- these two are both 8 pointers- the one on the left has a taller rack - Last friday after work I switched my trail camera to take Videos- I got both of these bucks on video now - But i'm sad - the Buck on the right has been wounded by a car I think- in the video He is limping with his right rear leg and his left antler is bent out of position and some of the tines are broken off.
Both of the buck antlers are still in velvet as of last nights footage.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pictures I posted earlier (8-3-19) are of the buck on the left in the above picture

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well,,,,, looks like something else I can relate to. I do hunt with cross bow, I also , the being first year , will be hunting with a compound as well.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only 10 more day to get through- then i'll be very difficult to See & Hear for a while.. at least until I shoot a deer - Then everyone I know will hear me- Soon I'll be serving Back Straps ..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had trail cams out for over a month and haven't been back to get them and see what is walking through my woods. Bow season starts on 10-1 hear in Whoozyer land and I haven't had my bow out either. Looks like I may be just a tad late getting in the stands this year :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts