Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys, i have a question also regarding cheep compression tool. I,m just beginning to get to the comp check on my 76. Bought a cheep harbor frt tool and the fitting is too large {14mm i think} for the spark plug hole. where might i get a reducer adapter to fit correctly. I tried cutting down the one that came in the one i bought but didn't do too well. Tools at checker were too large also. thanks

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

You can just use a fat rubber grommet (bigger than the plug hole so it doesn't fall into the cylinder) and place it on top of the plug hole. Then firmly push your compression gauge against the grommet while someone else spins the engine and you will get the readings.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I have also had the same problem with my compression gauge. I have been looking through older post and have yet to find anyone that mentioned a specific brand they use. Hopefully someone has some info for us. It would really help in the diagnosis deptartment.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I have an Innova that comes with several different adapters. I can't remember where I bought it but it would have been Wally World or a place like Autozone or O'reilly's. I bought it several years ago so I don't remember how much it was. I doubt it was more than ~$30.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the lead with that brand name. The grommet idea that Doug Dennis had sounds good but I almost always have to work by myself and it probably wouldn't have worked too well for me. I have all those stores you mentioned near me also so I will look around.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thanks, as well. i'll give the gromit a try!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.