Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK gents I need an electrical wizard to guide me here. I have a 1985 Aspy with electrical problems that just came up.
I recently finished changing out my sump and oil pumps. Everything went back together easily enough. After reinstalling the motor, starts and runs great, I changed out the side marker lights the PO had installed with a couple of LED lights. I'm not positive but I believe the power for these lights come from the front marker,turn signal lights.
On my first ride taking my wife with me I went to add some air to the rear and found that not only is the pump not activating there's no indication in the control panel of the shock(s) pressure. Due to weather around here I have only been starting it every few days. The last time I started it I noticed the indicator for "No Tail Lights" on in the control panel and sure enough none of my tail lights are on as well as the front marker/turn signal lights. Brake lights, turn signal lights and emergency hazards all work as well as the LED side markers.
Anyone run into anything like this?

Any ideas are much appreciated,
Blessings!
TxWN

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Fuse/s?

Anyone able to help TxWingNut?

·
Administrator
26,536 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Fuse/s?

Anyone able to help TxWingNut?
You already did as much as possible unless the fuse/s don't fix it.:waving:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I did forget to say that I had pulled and checked all the fuses and didn't find any blown.

Blessings

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Okay relay?

maybe a swop round with one of the same rating would be a quick way of checking?

Where are all the gurus when you want one, they are like policemen when you don't need one there are hundreds around!!!!:shock::cheeky1::waving:

·
Administrator
26,536 Posts
imported post

I have been studying the wiring diagram and all I can conclude is the tail lights and the compressor are on the same fuse. The wiring diagram is very hard to read on these older Honda manuals. Don't just look at the fuse, change it. Those glass fuses can be bad and look perfectly good. Check them on both ends with a test light or meter to be sure.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dave,
I saw the same thing in the diagram as well. I did pull the air temp and voltage meter panel and found a socket unplugged that ran power to the compressor and it is working now but I'm still having the light issues. I will definately check the fuse. One thing that I did find in the limited time I had to work on it is that after pulling the fuse for that circuit I checked to see if there was voltage in the fuse socket and found it in all but the one that runs the taillights. A friend advised to maybe trying to jump power to it from another and see if the tail lights come on. I'm also going to disconnect the LEDS. The left one wasnt lighting correctly when I hooked it up and when I was trying to trace the wires it starting lighting up fully, strange. The light on the left is spliced into 2 different bundles and I haven't located the right sides connecting point yet.
We'll see

Thanks and Blessings
TW

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well after about pulling my hair out (whats left) turns out it was a bad fuse (THANKS DAVE!). It looked fine but did a continuity test on it and discovered it was bad. But I also found that there was a faulty ground to one of the LED lights so its all done and everythings working again. Next! Throttle cables.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Glad you found your problem, and extra glad you made a post to show the cause!!! Good luck on the rest of your venture!!

Mana to you for coming back and posting to the ones that helped!!!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Well other than feeling a wee bit foolish that all it took was changing that fuse and rewiring the one led light I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Since coming here all I've had is lots of help whenever I asked, hopefully I can return the favor sometime.

Semper Fi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.