Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I went do bite the bullet and got a Compu-fire Alternator from Wingstuff.

I have one question I think someone said you have to change the main fuse to a higher amp one. Is this true ?

Hickey

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi there should be two new fuse links in the alt box and two washers that act as spacers it give the instructions in the box also

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Agnogel :cooler:I should have it Monday or Tuesday.

Hickey

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

This might also be a good time to step up to a new gel battery to handle the higher output of the Compu-fire.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster is correct. A compufire is really wasted in the stock battery, a gel battery by Westco or other good maker is essentail to get full benefit from the compufire.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Doesn't Compufire sell it's own battery to go with it's alternator as well?

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I have an Odyssey battery now os I'm not worried about that. I know that from passed posting some thing about the main fuse but Agnogel helped me out with that. Can't wait to see how it works out.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Some folks don'tcare for theway Compufire handles the increased in amps by adding the other fuse-link in Parallel with the washers and change to a regular inline fuse.I think its an 80 amp fuse. You can search the forum and make your own decision. I have mine setup Compufire way and it works fine. Forthose with an electrical background know that voltage remainsconstant in the circuit and amperage splits with the wiring/ loads.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

yes flasha2 compufire does make there own battery thats what im running alt and batt.Not a problem works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.