Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just bought a slew of stuff from Cyclemax, and noticed my CompuFire alternator is somewhat hard to spin. I would think it would free wheel like a motor does. But it certainly has resistance to it.

Is this normal? And I suppose it will free up as it gets some miles on it...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I would expect it to be reasonably tight with new brushes and not being worn in to the armature yet.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Besides what Rudy has mentioned, you'll notice a slightly different sound to it as well, compared to your OEM one,once you have it running.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Got it, thanks guys! Figured I would ask rather than put it in and wonder why it runs so hot or noisy.

Now if this wonderful weather would just go away so I can work on my bike rather than ride it!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Sam
I just finished a test run on the new Compufire alt for them in Dec. When I put it on in Aug it was very tight, hard to spin by hand also as your is. It has preformed very well that way. Enjoy it bro, still great product and great peeps at compufire, most all ride, mostly Harleys as their main products are Harley beefed up starters, and all other trick electrics.
God Bless,
Stu

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

When new, the shaft seal at the front has a pretty good grip on the shaft.

Also, of minor consequence maybe, but it has a larger rotor and stator and while all that makes more power, it also gives extra leverage to magnetic pull.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.