Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a pair of glasses for when I'm working on the computer, I'm not a fan of bifocals as I cannot get used to them. I was using my cross stitch magnifier but that was giving me a headache. I ordered a special pair from Zenni optical for computer use and I got them today. I had to crunch the numbers on the prescription to make them single vision and then added a 10% yellow tint. What a difference the tint makes, it cuts down on the whiteness of the screen, no more headaches and just the right power for magnification. They work great at the computer and work for reading, not much anything else.
:smile2:

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,246 Posts
I use single vision lenses prescription glasses for reading and laptop use only.

I hate to have to move my head sideways to read anything, so for decades I have owned multiple pairs of eyeglasses.

Reading,
Computer at a Desktop
Driving with a bifocal to read the dashboard gauges and radio

I am experimenting with the slight yellow red type tint, we have a pair that we use in the car that seems to make hazy bright days a lot easier to deal with.

Since my new eyes have been enjoyed ( cataract lens replacements )
I have been very sensitive to bright light... and have discovered that the old fashioned dark gray lenses are not so good as I used to think they were...

Val,

Did you just order your glasses with the power you chose, or did you have an eye doctor's prescription?

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was off the prescription, it was the far vision and the computer vision from the bifocal that I followed their chart on how to convert to single vision. If you know those 2 numbers it can be converted and then you have to recalculate the pupil distance. I've been using them since they got delivered and I'm very pleased.
I was going to try amber 10% for the computer, but I went with yellow 10% instead.
I have super dark gray sunglasses 80%.
I had one pair of bifocals and I hardly used them, I just couldn't get used to them.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,246 Posts
I used to own a pair of the Super Dark gray glasses when I was driving 5 days a week out in New Mexico 500 miles a day, everyday... great for the caliche white environment, lousy for in town traffic though, easy to miss something.

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the 80% gray they are good when walking, not so good when shopping. The sun glasses when I bought them were almost $17.00 complete. I was a bit leery of the 50% gray unless I put the mirror coating on them. I do agree with you on the bright white environment and then when the landscape changes they don't work as well. When I can return to cross stitching, these glasses won't be good for it since I have to deal with color threads and a duplicate would be made in clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.