Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes, no training and no fees. My posts were before this bill was signed. Now I wonder if my CCDW will be honored in other states that require training still. Dang! And is the only photo ID I have that came out good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Indiana has a Lifetime CCW option, $100. Left to county to control regs. on training and practice. My county has none, but the city used to have a regulation that in order to get a ccw you needed a statement from someone outside you family, that you weren't insane or a criminal. NRA sued them, now just like county.

If anyone is looking for a good holster, check out Stoner Holsters website, they have one to fit any handgun, each with several options like cant angle and comfort lining. All hand made in Ohio, and quite reasonable. The owner and his son still do the work.

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts
My county has none, but the city used to have a regulation that in order to get a ccw you needed a statement from someone outside you family, that you weren't insane or a criminal.

Like in guilty until proven innocent.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
Michigan is an Open Carry w/o permit state.
The Law reads like this..

"Carrying a handgun without a CPL license in Michigan is legal with a few restrictions. You cannot open carry at a business or grocery store that sell's alcohol. Residents of Michigan can open carry a handgun without a CPL license if the gun is registered to their name."

I have never carried open- have never felt the need to. I seldom carry at all even though I'm able to. About the only times I do carry is when I have my wife and children with me, such as at a some type of event, or when traveling through high crime areas, and of course when going to the club/gun range.
If you only carry a gun when you are going somewhere you think you might need it... don't go there.

Some free advice, if you are going to carry a gun,carry it. EVERY time you leave the house. Otherwise that one time that you do need, you won't have it.

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to carry even at home. My wife used to question me on that but the more that she has seen in the news about home invasions and break ins the better she feels about it. And when someone tells me I never use it at home I tell them I live on a farm and use it an average of twice a week for self defense of my sweethearts garden LOL. Many a groundhog or rabbit has been caught attacking defenseless carrots, beans and lettuce and those innocent lives were defended expeditiously.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts
In case anyone is looking for a good deal. I have one of these and like it a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think Taurus is working hard to overcome the issues they had a couple years ago. I almost "pulled the trigger" on one last year, but I picked up an S&W M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center instead.

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts
I think Taurus is working hard to overcome the issues they had a couple years ago. I almost "pulled the trigger" on one last year, but I picked up an S&W M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center instead.
Yes, they do seem to be. I have fired a 3 lb coffee can almost full of brass from this pistol with 0 failures. The only gripe I have is the price has come down considerably since I bought mine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I misspoke, I think it was the PT911 I was considering, so that time I picked up an ATI FX45 1911 GI instead. Nice clone made to original specs, but it's not relieved and it puts a hard crease in the brass.

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts
I misspoke, I think it was the PT911 I was considering, so that time I picked up an ATI FX45 1911 GI instead. Nice clone made to original specs, but it's not relieved and it puts a hard crease in the brass.
I have an ATI 1911 also. My Colt govt also puts that crease in the brass. It irons out when sizing it so I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My ATI 1911 flat out would not fire a full mag with at least one failure to eject. I sent it back and they repaired it with a new ejector and I have fired hundreds of rounds since with zero failures.

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
No but I haven't fired but a few hundred rounds through it. An ejector is easy enough to replace.
True enough, just curious as I've read that's an issue for some, along with cracking on the extractor. It puts a brass on my forehead about once a mag too. Overall I really like it though, and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been thinking of getting a Taurus PT1911 officers model and from the reviews I've read online it sounds like a good pistol. I'm a revolver fan and carry one as my EDC but have been thinking of picking another 1911 for a switch now and then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,366 Posts
True enough, just curious as I've read that's an issue for some, along with cracking on the extractor. It puts a brass on my forehead about once a mag too. Overall I really like it though, and you can't beat the price.
It's my colt that throws brass everywhere, one down the back of your shirt will get your attention.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts