Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:lash:On 2 Nov I paid by Pay Pal for a rear master cylinder + other parts from a site member who had listedthem on the "For Sale" section. Trying to restore a 80 Interstate. To date no parts--- after repeated PM's and emails to him ,with no results' I felt I should ask someone if I should post anything about this to maybe protect them. I'll be the 1st to acknowledge the US Postal system will mess up - But--- if like you owe me money on a due date and can't pay --at least Man up and say I don't have it. If I pay you for something Deliver!!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

In all fairness after posting my 1st on this I found I had a email which he had already sent which reads:

the post office said today that my packages were in a trailer that got mixed up and things got delayed ,,, thats what they say ........ if things arent there next week i will refund your money and again i am so sorry for his

Can't ask for anything more---

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

Maybe contact a moderator and see if they have any ideas. If it is someone with just a few posts, enough to allow them to post for sale items it may be you got scammed.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Oh well, I'll take him for his last Email--- I no **** happens beyond ur control, that is why I did not list any names!

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it may work out... hope so..

but if and when you have concerns like this, do take Dave's advice and PM a moderator in this forum with your concerns... They aren't going to be able to help money wise, but they can be very helpful in ferreting out suspicious behavior.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

if you can PM me the name of the member I will check it out for you ,We did have a problem with a member selling stuff and not delivering a few months back but he is gone from the forum , he was from TEXAS ,, let me know if it is the same guy , thank you , Ciaran

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
Sounds like it may work out... hope so..

but if and when you have concerns like this, do take Dave's advice and PM a moderator in this forum with your concerns... They aren't going to be able to help money wise, but they can be very helpful in ferreting out suspicious behavior.
+1. The management here don't like the for sale forum being abused, and theymove quickly when a problem arises. Which I have to admit, doesn't happen often. With wexy on the case, it will be got to the bottom of soon, and with luck it is a shipping delay like you were told by the seller.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

It sounds like things are being resolvedand two thumbs up to Badwrench for his diplomacy.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Badwench, I purchased from same person and in his defense he has sent me multiple emails about the SNAFU. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

The post office said it was in a trailer? It got mixed up?

I do think things happen in peoples lives, work, family, the upcoming holidays, but they could at least be honest about it.

It doesn't sound like Ted again, When Ted sells you something, he doesn't respond to emails or PM's.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

the member is been here for a while and I dont suspect him of being dishonest. We have wrote back and forth alot, Seems to be a good guy.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I sent a vest to Bagmaster in SC, he finally got it today!
Was not nearly as long as you been waiting, but seems allot longer than it should have been to get there maybe.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Well this is the PM I received today:

"i really dont appreciate the bad mouthing on here ... if you want your money back you can have it but your parts were mailed and i dont like being called a liar or cheat !!!!!!:X"
Well, this was my reply:

"Hold EM up Cowboy, 1st I, never posted your name in the post, I Never said you were a liar or a cheat I did post because I had concerns that others may being riped off. I know chit happens-- but if you want to pony up and ack like a A hole--YES send me my money back!"

I know I'm a newbee here but I stand by what I posted. I know for a fact the postal folks mess up, but I also know they give you like a tracking number on your shipping receipts.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but the fact I still don't have my parts after paying for them over 21 days ago with limited feedback just don't cut it.
Yes, a Old man here with much patience but I also have limits.

BTW May you all have a Happy Thanksgiving who celebrate it!

Salute

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You are 100% right , you did not mention the members name and you only came on to voice your concerns , I asked you to PM me the members name so I could get this sorted , but so far I have had nothing and I still dont know which member you are referring to .

I think you did the right thing in letting us know , as a few members have been caught by sending money for parts and not receiving them from other members who just join to sell goods and never deliver .

If you want you can still PM me this members name and I will look into it and see if I can resolve the issue to everybodys satisfaction , Ciaran

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I think you handled it very diplomatically Badwench by not naming the seller publicly while the transaction is ongoing.
The only member we seen repeatedly causing problems with slow shipping and no communication with buyers, was TG. Every time members complained, he got banned. But he would re-register with a different username, resume selling and the same problems would start all over again.
I hope it isn't TG you bought from. :)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Ok lads , I have been looking into this and I think it is a genuine **** up with the post office , 4 parcels went out the same day from the same post office and are missing and are been looked for at this moment and if the members do not receive their parcels by early next week then a full refund will be made by the seller ,I am going to close this thread for the moment until the goods or refunds arrive and I would appreciate if those members would send me a PM as soon as the goods or money arrives and I will reopen this thread so they can post here ,,Have a little patience and all will be worked out to everybodys satisfaction.. Ciaran

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.