Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All. I've got an 2001 Goldwing 1800. I want to hook up an IPod to my existing stereo system. I am hopeing to connect the IPod thru the Aux of the Audio system. Can this be done? I've beenlooking at other ways to connect the IPod, but I haven't found one yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

If you remove the left fairing pocket there should be a connector under it to plug an auxiliary jack into. Not sure but I think all 1800s came with the auxiliary cord.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if your bike is not equipped with cd player, there is a plug that gives you the ability to control the ipod using the cd buttons pretty nice integration

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hey Guys. Thanks for the Quick Replies. I'm not going to power the IPod using the 1800's power system. I think I'm just going to plug the IPod directly in the "Aux" connector under the left pocket. How do I find the right connector?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

Is there a way to connect an ipod to an 84 GL1200

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

If your bike has a cassette player just buy a cassette adapter which is a regularcassette with a wire attached to a 3.5mm jack plug, you can pick these up for a few bucks, plug it into your mp3 and away you go

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

Sparky3183 wrote:
Hey Guys. Thanks for the Quick Replies. I'm not going to power the IPod using the 1800's power system. I think I'm just going to plug the IPod directly in the "Aux" connector under the left pocket. How do I find the right connector?

Thanks again.
There are a red and a white connector in a rubber boot under the pocket. The red is for the power outlet and the white is for the auxiliary cord.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi Dave. Yes, I found the connector. Now I need to find the matching connector to finish the install. Went to 2 Honda Dealers and they both would have to order it..I want it sooner. I'm going to an electronic store to find the matched half.

Motosickle, that's a great idea. Maybe mount it with velcro would work. Easier to change songs than reaching into the pocket while cruising at 70 mph.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

jar wrote:

GOD Bless,
jerry
Hey Jar, I have an 85 interstate with a 2 post stereo. Heres what Im doing. I got a PYLE PLR24MPF Car stereo..(single din style) I will have to convert the opening for the rectangular style but its great. I bought it online (www.allaudioexpo.com) for like $30. It has an MP3 input/USB/ and SD memory card slot. No moving parts. Its wired for 2 speakers. Its a very light unit.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

Hello from a fellow CMAer

Are you saying this replaced your existing stock radio? If so, what did you do about the CB controls

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

Oh!! I didnt have that problem. I dont have that all-in-one set up. Mine had a standard 2 post car stereo and a regular auto style cb. Im sorry, Im kinda of new with all the optional equipment. That might be a problem then! :doh:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

jar wrote:

GOD Bless,
jerry
You can use the Cassette adapter
or
You can use a wireless FM modulator that transmits a FM signal that the radio can pick up. (this option can be problemaitic if you live or ride in an area that has radio stations broadcasting on the same frequencies)
or
You can use a wired in FM modulator such as the Audiovox FMM-100 that wires into the antenna and blocks the antenna radio inputs while it is in use.

if you go with the third option and want your ipod to be charged when you arrive at your destination you can use something like this Ipod to RCA adapter

·
Premium Member
596 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Sparky3183 wrote:
Hi Dave. Yes, I found the connector. Now I need to find the matching connector to finish the install. Went to 2 Honda Dealers and they both would have to order it..I want it sooner. I'm going to an electronic store to find the matched half.

Motosickle, that's a great idea. Maybe mount it with velcro would work. Easier to change songs than reaching into the pocket while cruising at 70 mph.

Thanks guys
that's what i used for mounting. soft side on the mp3 player

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I have finally got the right harness connector for my wing. It connects to the white spare connector that is used for the AUX system. I got it from Service Honda in California. The stock # is 39170-MCA-000. I hope this will help anyone that needs this info.

Thanks again guys and Keep it on 2 wheels.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

I used a wired FM modulator on my 1500 and it works great cost me £35 ($50).

It took about four hours to fit it.

Terry

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Glad to find this forum, and thanks for all the recommendations on here, I have my tunes! Can't believe I had one of those old cassette tapes with the connector on if in my garage. It came in some old VW that I bought long ago. Even better, I can't believe the tape deck works perfect on my 83' GL1100 and the sound is flawless with my iPod. Miracles do happen! :weightlifter:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.