Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled the starter.92 interstate.164,000 miles.i assumed it was bad.i put jumper cables on the battery.touched the post on the starter.dont remember exactly.yesterday when out of the bike it spun like crazy.so i bolted the starter back in.and i decided to replace the solenoid too.so the M side of solenoid.is that for connection between positive post of battery,tom of solenoid to post on the starter? And the B side goes from b of solenoid to ground cable thats attached somewhere on the bike and to the negative battery post,?

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are two solenoids, one on the power side which connects battery to starter and one on neg side connects to ground which is energised by connections from the power one.

At least thats the way it works on the 89 one i did

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
i pulled the starter.92 interstate.164,000 miles.i assumed it was bad.i put jumper cables on the battery.touched the post on the starter.dont remember exactly.yesterday when out of the bike it spun like crazy.so i bolted the starter back in.and i decided to replace the solenoid too.so the M side of solenoid.is that for connection between positive post of battery,tom of solenoid to post on the starter? And the B side goes from b of solenoid to ground cable thats attached somewhere on the bike and to the negative battery post,?
No, the M post goes to the starter , M is for Motor, the B side goes to the Battery Positive.

Reactions: redwing52

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Wire it EXACTLY as Dave describes. If you reverse the "B" and "M" cables the fuse will have no power and the bike will be dead. 😎

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts