Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas. So I just finished fitting an auxiliary input to my Goldwing 1500 radio. It works perfectly, I can even hear the phone's sat nav directions through my helmet. However, I cannot speak on my phone with it. Anyone work out yet how to connect a cell phone to the 1500 radio so I can answer and speak on the phone while riding? BTW my tape player don't work so using the blank tape system is not an option. Regards and thanks. Gerry.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
You are correct. The input modification or devices are only input. Both EdSets and STARCOM have advertised wired solutions to be able to also speak on the phone. I have not used either one myself.

Alternatively you can go to Bluetooth. You can do standalone completely separate from the bike or connect to Honda system using a J&M, EdSet or SENA Bluetooth transceiver (dongle) that plugs into the bike's headset connector and connects to the wireless headset. Also SENA sells a mount for their headset that connects by wire back to the Honda plug. I thought I saw Nolan with a wired/bluetooth combination as well.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy, thanks for your reply and advice. Funny thing is though, before my tape player broke down I had the radio wired to work with a blank cassette running in the player and with that system the music from my phone worked perfectly AND I could also make and receive phone calls through my helmet. Then when the cassette player broke I wired the aux input with a micro relay and toggle switch as per instructions somewhere on this site and find that it works fine except for making or receiving calls. Anyway, this is a great forum. Thanks. Gerry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts