Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Wife and I enjoy riding in NY state, and are considering a rip up to this rally in June.

Their site is a bit on the lame side, so I figured I'd ask on here. Who's gone, and was it any fun ?? We're not into the late-night boozin', doing burn-outs, and getting our faces piercedthing, but don't want to be bored senselessin a multi-day funeral atmosphere either. . . . . . What say you fellers ??

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Hello Wingnumberone I've been to Americade in 08 andam booked for 09 already. Americade is a nice layed back event lots of rides to do on your own or in a group. It's not a rowdy crowd, lots of police around and a strict noise limit, night time isn't bad either. I've been out till 1am just watching bikes cruise up and down the strip. Canada street is the main road and there are gift shops and eaterys up and down both sides of the street. Check out the Events section on the Americade website and you'll see theres alot to do each day. I go up for 4 days Thursday thru Sunday and I sign up for a guided ride. The tour Expo is a section that has vendors selling from various Manufaturers and they install them on your bike if you want them to. They also have a UPS store so you can send things home if you run out of room to cart things home. You can Demo a new bike if your in the market for a new ride or just try them out if your curious, no pressure at alll to buy. I can go on and on. I really look forward to going to Americade. You won't believe how many bikes come from alll over the world.Well organized and the tours and the roads are great. Well that's my 4 cents worth I say if you havn't been go I think all who ride must experience the Americade.:cool::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

It is a nice part of New York state. Far from the city, NYC, and not too dumpy. Saratoga Springs and the University nearby help keep up the appearances. Lake George is beautiful.

Sorry to say it, but, some parts of the northeast are, let's just say, not that nice.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Never been to Americade but have been to and stayed right in Lake George numerous times.Stayed there last July.Always seem to be able to find new and very good roads in the area.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Wingnumberone,

Have been to Americade a few times. Did the camping thing in the state park near Lake George. It was nice until the weekend when the sports bike crowd came in from NYC. Lots of just what you're looking to avoid. The next year we camped at a private campground a little ride north of town and it made all the difference.

Good place to demo lots of different bikes, get accessories, new tires and have it installed while you shop the rest of the vendor area.

You can make it as busy or as laid back as you want. Plenty of great roads to ride if you're bored........Ben and Jerry's is just across the VT state line. One think I always enjoy is the boat cruise that is included as an option in the registration. Beautiful shore line and your typical buffet.

I'm just starting to plan the trip for this year with some riding friends. Check out this site for house/condo rentals in the area.

http://www.vrbo.com

Hope to see you there. I'll be the one on the grey 96 SE !!!!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

Have been a few times in the past. It has always been a great event to attend. One of the guided tours that is a MUST DO in my opinion is the Whiteface Mountain tour. Tour Expo is absolutely wonderful if you're looking for additions to your ride. Then of course who can forget about Ben and Jerry's on Canada Street. Great Ice Cream!

If you're planning on attending this year. You will want to be booking your accomodations soon.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
imported post

Went to it last year for the 1st time. Boring at the event, but great riding in upstate NY.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

never been to Americade but i'd like to get there someday on a motorcycle

i've done some truck driving in the area and there has to be a lot of great motorcycle roads to check out

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
imported post

I had the pleasure of attending this past year at the beginning of the week and we had a great time. There were plenty of vendors if you were in the mood to shop or see new products. There was a real nice atmosphere in the evenings on Canada St (main drag) with people milling about and the bars had live music and plenty of adult beverages. I found the riding in the Adirondacks to be real good with plenty of nice scenery. I didn't take any of the preplanned rides, but I did hear from others that the Lake Placid ride was a good one. The only complaints I heard were from people with rather loud pipes who were being policed by the local constabulary. If you are into loud pipes,burn out pits and making an a$$ of yourself, the message is clear, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you are interested in civilized behaviour and some laid back people, then give it a shot...

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I've been going for 19 yrs and every year it's a lot of good pepole, great riding on those beautiful senic Adarondack roads and if mother nature blesses us with good wheather and you like to ride, you can't beat it. Every year I put 1k miles or more on in 4 days just crusing the great Adarondacks roads. As far as boozers and burnout, they're at a minumum. A preaty mild mannered crowd I might say. Can't wait until June!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.