Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 94 1500interstate,i need some ideas on lighting the handle bar controls .At night the bars are just black and i would like to see the controls switches[headlamp, turn signle ,etc]

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

Not a bad idea in principle. But I wold think that the lettering being so small on the controls would make it hard to see.

That said, here is an idea I came up with:

Take the switch housing off and use a dremel tool with as small a router bit as you can find. Carve out the letters and then wire an LED or two inside the switches. Just a thought.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You could replace your handlebar controls with used ones from a late model 1500SE from eBay. Theyhave lighted controls on the bars.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

I have questioned this before wondering if lights were burnt out . 1996SE's model and up have them if you'd like to change them but they're not cheap. There lights out there that stick to your controls and plug into power outlet. Auto Zone and WalMart had them. Here's a picture of it stuck on mute button.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks alot,I was glade to hear the newer 1500 were lit up,I will check about the wiring next

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.