Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert the tachometer on the GL1800 from MPH to KMH? Is it a simple user setting, or a whole tachometer replacement?

Also, headlamp. can it be adjusted to drive on the opposite side of the road, or again is that a whole new replacement?

Thanks for any advice !

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i heard you could buy an non-us verision speedometer, about the headlamp, it has left right adjustment but as far as i know motorcycle headlamps aim to the center of the road.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes the 1800 aims at the center of the road ,so no need to change it ,just a little adjustment .You already have Kilometers on the clock ,on the inside circle ,so why change? But if you do need to change it is a new clock as far as I am aware and you will have a job getting one as most wings are in Miles ,You could always look p on the net for breakers yards in Canada or France,Germany .But usually the first thing that gets sold are the clocks . Ciaran

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Tachometer doesn't show mph or kph does it??? It's Rpm's.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I'm not familliar with the 1800's, but doing-up a template/overlay for the face may, or may not, be within the capabilities of many. Remove and disassemble down to the face and take a digital photograph. Manipulate as desired....

Example of a 1000:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I'm with RB. Tach shows only revs. Has nothing to do withMPH or KMH. are you meaning the Speedo. If so it is as stated, they have both with KMH on thinner ring.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
imported post

I know on late Honda Civics you can change from miles~kilometeres by just pressing a button! Does that count??..... :~)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The ability to change all the instrumentation to and from metric with a press of a button was on of the nicer things on the '85LTD and the '85SEI. It's a pity they didn't keep that function.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.