Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert the tachometer on the GL1800 from MPH to KMH? Is it a simple user setting, or a whole tachometer replacement?

Also, headlamp. can it be adjusted to drive on the opposite side of the road, or again is that a whole new replacement?

Thanks for any advice !

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i heard you could buy an non-us verision speedometer, about the headlamp, it has left right adjustment but as far as i know motorcycle headlamps aim to the center of the road.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes the 1800 aims at the center of the road ,so no need to change it ,just a little adjustment .You already have Kilometers on the clock ,on the inside circle ,so why change? But if you do need to change it is a new clock as far as I am aware and you will have a job getting one as most wings are in Miles ,You could always look p on the net for breakers yards in Canada or France,Germany .But usually the first thing that gets sold are the clocks . Ciaran

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Tachometer doesn't show mph or kph does it??? It's Rpm's.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I'm not familliar with the 1800's, but doing-up a template/overlay for the face may, or may not, be within the capabilities of many. Remove and disassemble down to the face and take a digital photograph. Manipulate as desired....

Example of a 1000:

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The ability to change all the instrumentation to and from metric with a press of a button was on of the nicer things on the '85LTD and the '85SEI. It's a pity they didn't keep that function.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.