Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I should point out right off that I don't yet have a decent manual, so I'm unsure of how the wiring is laid out.

I've a '93 1500 Aspencade which is US spec, and I need to change it to UK spec before the MOT.

The main problem is the indicators which are on permanently while the bike is running, and then they flash when you hit the switch.

I need them to be off and only come on while indicating.

Just wondering if its 2 wires or 3 that feed these lights, ie, are there 2 wires, one of which is connected to a flasher unit, or are there 3 wires and the third comes into play only while indicating to increase the voltage and brighten the bulb.

Also tied in with this are the clear running/cornering lights either side of the mudguard which remain off until indicating, then they come on until the indicators are switched off.

I'm not sure whether Uk Mot centers will accept lights like that or not, so I was wondering if the indicators use 3 wires, would it be possible to disconnect the one providing the permanent power, and use this to feed the running lights instead so that they're on all the time instead of the indicators, basicly reversing the functions of the lights so the indicators are off instead of on, and the running lights are on instead of off?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

You should ask the MOT centreabout the lights before disconnecting anything. There are 3 wires going into the indicators, just snip the one that is powered all the time as that is the running light wire. Can't recall which wire is powered all the time but you can check this with a meter or test light. The cornering lights won't matter, once they work that is all you need.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

At least all the back lights work on the US bikes. The reflector under the number plate can be replaced with a running/brake light as well if you need to.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
At least all the back lights work on the US bikes.
Hey FitzAl, :waving:All the back lights are working on my neighbours :18red:and she is only a basic UK model. :weightlifter:Will I tell him to disconnect them. :stumped:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Your neighbour (or the previous owner) probably had the lights wired in on his UK machine, as all UK and Irish 1500s only had the one under the # plate working. Lots of workwiring upI believe, but it has to be worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.