Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Works good. Switched air jet on primary from 160 to 165. Huge improvement. Will try 170 when I get it.
Idles great and minor bogging at exceleration after 70 mph. Hope the 170 will fix that. Goes 0-60 in a heartbeat.

tried the Solex Pict3 but could not get working properly.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive design

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,002 Posts
Nice clean install, looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What manifold are you using?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I bought this one off ebay. Fits great. Planned on using the Pict-3 single barrel but could not get working. I had the Weber already using on my 28 Model A Speedster so I took it off and used it. Because it's a double barrel, I made an adapter to go from single to double barrel. The proper intake is available for the weber but did not want to buy another intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought this one off ebay. Fits great. Planned on using the Pict-3 single barrel but could not get working. I had the Weber already using on my 28 Model A Speedster so I took it off and used it. Because it's a double barrel, I made an adapter to go from single to double barrel. The proper intake is available for the weber but did not want to buy another intake.

more examples depending on the carb you want to use.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Thought so,i have one like that for my 1100,if i ever get around to working on it.i may try my weber on it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
And all you had to do was change the manifold and carburetor along with working out how to connect the throttle cables and fuel line? Is the choke electric or manual? And what did / will you about an air filter?

·
Administrator
28,228 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts