Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

so here's the situation: current bike 93 gl1500 se with 77,000 miles and blown engine. replacing with 91 gl1500 with 25,000 miles and no reverse(non se). i have already swapped all reverse components. my question is what other things do i need to swap out from the 93 se to make the 91 engine work? main concern is some differences in vacuum lines and also the cooling lines going to bottom of carb are slightly different. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

the engine without reverse is from a interstate model some vacuum lines may for the cruise control and other emission things they added in the future, you should use carbs and manful to from your original bike on the new engine avoid any inconveniences

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

not quite that simple on the 1500. the biggest problem was a part that is bolted on the end of the shift drum that looks like a bucket with a groove cut out of it. i had to split the cases on the old motor to get it out. but on the other engine i took a short cut, i masked all the gears on the rear engine cover side and took a small cutting wheel and some files and opened that section up little by little until i was able to bolt that bucket looking part to the shift drum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.