Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

It seems that world is full of nonsense stuff for Wings, but when you´re trying to find something really functional it doesnt exist.
I´ve tried so hard to find convex mirrors for my 1800, i´ve lost my hair!
Blind spots are big enough to fit a truck and only thing offered to fix this lethal problem is some flimsy add ons.

Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

I went to a auto parts store and bought two 2" convex mirrors and stuck them on the lower outsides of the mirrors. They really work great. Still look back to see but the mirrors are a added safety bonus. Tony:waving:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I did the same thing as Tony. I put two peel and stick 2" mirrors in the lower far corner of OEM mirrors and works great. They have been on for years. I like these because I don't want the entire mirror convex. Paul

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

I Have a couple of friends that are running the same 2" mirrors in the blind corner of the mirrors and they claim to work good. im used to look around even after looking at the mirrors so not using them atm.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

ollka wrote:
It seems that world is full of nonsense stuff for Wings, but when you´re trying to find something really functional it doesnt exist.
I´ve tried so hard to find convex mirrors for my 1800, i´ve lost my hair!
Blind spots are big enough to fit a truck and only thing offered to fix this lethal problem is some flimsy add ons.

Any help?
Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Does anyone have experience with Multivex mirrors?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

After getting my AutoComm installed for intercom and RD and GPS, Multivex mirrors are always next in line. I order a pair every time a bike finds its way to my house;)

I have had them on 4 previous bikes and once you get "used" to them, they are life savers. I even made the template for the Burgman 650 for them so my scooter could have a pair

The mirrors don't take the place of a head turn, but you will begin to "trust" them over time

Installation is about 30 seconds per mirror on a 1500. The quality is top notch, customer service is excellent. The appearance is stock when installed

Multiviex had some manufacturing snafu's this summer, but I believe they are back to full capacity now

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I agree with Bill, Multivex mirrors are really good. I had them on a Suzuki cruiser and tried to take them off when I was selling it, but I broke one. They stick on real good. Multivex's are available for GL1500 & GL1800 Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

ollka wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Multivex mirrors?
Yes - I have them and think they are GREAT. Full panorama view - I can see directly behind me to 90 degrees to either side. Others who have ridden my bike say they are hard to get used to but once you've had them for a while they are indispensable IMHO.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

burgerking wrote:
Multiviex had some manufacturing snafu's this summer, but I believe they are back to full capacity now

Bill
I heard today that the snafu's are still present, a friend placed an order yesterday ...something with the "forming"/"bending" machine...he said lead times are 6-8 weeks from order date:shock:...worth the wait still;)

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.