Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The front brake light switch is bad and not available. The only option I know is to up grade to a newer brake system. I asume Iwill need the lever and master cylinder and hoses and spliter block and calipers and hoses. Does any one have any advice?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

i think you should be able to match up the brake switch at napa. its just a standard 1/8 pipe hydraulic brake switch i believe. jb

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Um...I think you could get away with just switching out the master cylinders. That is if you can't find a switch.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site rclawton! :waving::waving:

There's one on eBay at the moment. You might be able to save a couple bucks asking him to ship just the switch if you won the auction.

eBay brake switch

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

you don't say where your are located.
In uk you don't need a front brake light switch if you tape up the wires for the MOT test. The rules here are it must work if fitted. If not fitted and therefore absent you don't need one.

Just out of interest I needed to change mine every year for the MOT test as it would always go wrong. The 1980 gl1100 was very prone to water getting in. The switches were cheap enough but it got to be an annual pain and I got rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.