·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

But not available in the US. I guess Wexy could sell them to us at cost. Yeah, that's the ticket! I have heard that HJC will offer a open style helmet with a drop down sunvisor like on the Symax II this spring. It will be designated the "IS-33".For those that wear glasses it saves a step looking for sunglasses or clip-ons when riding.It's already on my wish list.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,194 Posts
imported post

Looks to me like Wexy is going to have to start an export business :)

I like that, but sure would want to know if it fit my noggin before I bought it.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

Thanks for showing that clip.just a day ago i bought a new helmet :action:and thought it was the stuff after seeing this clip man :baffled:i didint get nothing:Dhappy holidays thanks again john

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Wow! Now there is some thinking design. I like it - but I'd have to try it on.

I wear XXL and only some XXL's fit at that. I wanna see the IS-33 that lepeha mentioned - I've had good luck with HJC - love my SymaxII.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Nice looking helmet. Features are pretty cool. I'm in the market for helmets right now. Alot of features and helmets to consider. Got it narrowed down. Will be looking for a dealer around here that stocks them to go put it on my head.

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

They will ship them to the US for about $25 which isn't bad. My son wants me to get one and I've been thinking about a full face helmet but I would like to try one on first and I would like a white one which they don't offer. The reviewer says the size runs a little large.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

that sunvisor idea seems like a real good idea. jb

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

According to HJC the IS-33 will be available in the Spring of '09. Hope they get it out soon.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Luke Skywalker would love it!!:cool: If iI ever got a Can-Am Spyder, I could look likea Stormtrooper with this thing:action:..... Seriously tho... I wonder how that chin guard would hold up in a impact, with only thise two clips holding it on??? I like the way the face shield opens in locking positions and the slide down sun shade is alsonew on many helmets this year. But, I think I like the convertible helmet over this either or helmet. And again the clips for the chin guard look flimsy to me!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

[align=center]This is the European helmet I want![/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
Do tell! the suspense is killing me!!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

(Attachment wont open)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
imported post

My wife has a Caberg modular that has the built-in sun visor that drops down independently of the other shield. It is a very well made helmet, and she loves the fit and features. She wears prescription glasses and this eliminates the need of her having to use her clip-on sunglasses. The only problem is that they have quit selling them in the U.S. If someone wanted one they would have to find a dealer overseas and have is shipped over.

Cobra

:15grey:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

cymru wrote:
SB in SC wrote:

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[/align]
Do tell! the suspense is killing me!!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

(Attachment wont open)
Fixed it now.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Looks great. :waving: We have the Schuberth J1s which are similar but with a chin bar.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Don't forget that if you import a helmet it will not carry the DOT certification that you have in America, and visa versa, a DOT helmet is not approved for use in Europe.

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I do assume the helmet is safe though and no one is going to actually check it and tell me I can't use it if I were to order one. The only rub would be if I crashed and the helmet failed to protect my noggin. One could probably peel the DOT sticker off another helmet and no one would actually check into it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.