Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
I can hear governmental officials arguing now over whether it should be licensed as a car or a motorcycle. They will probably invent a new very expensive hybrid license to pull in more revenue.:ROFL:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
I'm usually not a big fan of these things...

but this one impresses me. The 200 mile range isn't exactly earth shattering. But everything else about it is very appealing. Including the project price. Especially the price. Most of these things we've seen have been projected to cost pretty close to if not six figures.

But this thing is slated to be comparable to most touring bikes on the market today. I think Mr. Kim just might be on to something.

·
1,566 Posts
I'm wondering about that wheel clearance. There doesn't appear to me much room for the suspension to work.
Other than that I like it. I wonder if something similar could be built with a 'wing drive train?

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Here is the latest video. they keep rolling it out for the press and riding it a few feet at walking pace, and never going around corners or making turns.

In the other thread they exposed that one of the promo videos used a CGI model of the Gyro bike to make it look like it was moving fast out on the road.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
It would be great if it could go into production. The price needs too come down some.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Here is the latest video. they keep rolling it out for the press and riding it a few feet at walking pace, and never going around corners or making turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvvsRBSroA

In the other thread they exposed that one of the promo videos used a CGI model of the Gyro bike to make it look like it was moving fast out on the road.
I think this is a great idea, but I wonder if the bugs are worked out. I want to see an on road test, complete with turns.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I think this is a great idea, but I wonder if the bugs are worked out. I want to see an on road test, complete with turns.
Yep I'd want to see what would happen if the gyroscopes failed before ever thinking about it.:?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
The best part of all of that is the comment someone posted after the youtube video..."you just rub it on the carpet and it goes"...
THATS funny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.