Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was bleeding my clutch fluid the other day and to get at the bleed valve you need to remove the kick plate by the left foot rest and a black box with a tube connecting to the top of the coolant reservoir, as i removed it and lifted it out the way i noticed tat it was split along the join and leaking. does anybody know what this is or what it does. can i patch it or is it in need of replacement?

thanks Ali

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

This is a condensation holding tank. You need to take it off and dump it now and then but will mainly have dirty water in it. I would get some Epoxy at Walmart to patch it and you're good to go. To remove/install, just move the clamp up the hose, pull the hose off and there is one bolt (10 mm wrench) at the bottom. I quess you know that if you are bleeding the clutch.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ye i saw how it was attached, i got kinda worried because i didnt know what it does but thats not so bad! thanks P Yanney

Ali

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

My 1100 had a few holes in it teh PO made in order to stop draining. I wonder if it matters that the collect tank wasnt collecting. I think the tank was mandatory for enviormentall protection. But when you drain it where do you drain ???

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

To drain it, just take it off and turn it upside down. There is no drain plug. If the tank is plugged to disable the collection, moisture will back up the tube to the top and eventually into the air filter. This would take a long time to happen. As for when to drain depends on the riding conditions such as riding in rain alot or in very humid regions. Pretty simple. Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.