Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have looked at the schematic on line that shows the coolant drain plug for 1500. It shows the plug butnot how to get to it.Can someone be a little more specific on location and what plastic needs to come off?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi tom all you have to do is remove the bottom cowling under the rad grill 3 screws in total the pannell above it just clips out first the drain plug is on the bottom of the water pump

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you agnogel!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ok,I finally got around to this project. I found what I think is the water pump r/s the oil filter looking from front of engine with the two radiator hoses running into one and two smaller running off. The only thing I see that might be a drain plug is in the bottom front. The thing that puzzles me is, it is the same bolt as the mounting bolts. Is that the drain?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi tom no the drain plug is at the bottom of the pump near the front

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

What I am asking is, is the drain plug bolt the exact same type bolt as all the other water pump mounting bolts? That is all I see on the bottom, which seems a little strange, but on the other hand I have never changed coolant in a motorcycle before.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

yes it is i have been trying to copy a photo off the manual but to no avail it iam not misteken its a size 12mm spanner

Attachments

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thank you for your help agnogel, I just checked and its a 10mm wrench. It is nice to have friends so far away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.