Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

anyone ever get a winter time storage coolant drip? every winter my 85' v65 magna would get a leakin a certain spot where a metal coolant line went into the block, wasn't much, would go away every spring, just noticed it on the wing, I could tear into it, don't really feel like it, it's all put away in the corner of the garage, was just curious if anyone else has this happened to them.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

My Fathers 1500 leaks in the garage every Winter in Buffalo. He has looked and looked but can not find the source. Every spring he starts it up and it is fine all summer.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

We are a little north of Buffalo & find the metal will contract a little in the cold then expand again in the spring as it warm's up. I had the problem with my Clutch & front brake reservoirs & ended up with damaged plastic where the fluids leaded during the winter, suggest you check to make sure the cap's are snugged down.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

My GL1000 would leak coolant from one of the crossover tubes every time it dropped below 30 degrees. As soon as it got above 30 it would stop.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

My 1100 develops a slight drip leak by the water pump when it gets into the low 20's. Never have to add any coolant, but completely goes away when it warms up. Must be the metal contracting I guess.,,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's a simple fix, store the bike in the front room where it belongs.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
There's a simple fix, store the bike in the front room where it belongs.:cooldevil:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: oh yes, done that, didn't expect the wife to come home when she did either, busted:action:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
imported post

My GL 1000 '76 LTD leaks once in a while, searched top to bottom time and time again, even brought it to 2 mechanics, still can't find the leak. We call it a Ghost Leak!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.