Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, it's been since I bought this bike last October that I am actually looking forward to going for a good long ride now. Started with changing the baldrubber out. Then discovered the coolant leak was a little more than something loose. I received the thermostat and gasket yesterday, installed them and buttoned up the cooling system for a test. Ran the bike for about 10 or 15 minutes and not a drip showed anywhere. Replaced the fans and got everything mechanical put back together (except the reverse mechanisms). I guess that and the plastic is next and I'll see if I can't get it going bu Thursday - the next projected nice day here.

None-the-less, I am on Spring Break next week - I think I'll be doing some riding (hopefully).

Thanks everyone for your help, hopefully I will be done with the major stuff for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Almost to the point where smiles per mile come into play....:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

93Wing wrote:
Almost to the point where smiles per mile come into play....:action::action::action:
Yeah, and I'll be REAL happy when I can replace that picture in my avitar - that was one from the listing of it for sale the owner took. Frankly, it's a different machine now - it needs a new picture to acknowledge the changes (although few are cosmetic).

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Got her all put back together (except some minor panels/cosmetics) and will be riding it tonight if the weather cooperates (it doesn't rain).

Had a wrench thrown in the Spring Break plans - a car we actually had for sale blew it's timing belt (which was actually changed w/the water pump 3yrs./15K ago) and messed up the heads. $2200+ for a shop to do it, was for sale for $2750 - it's a 97 and none of the salvage yards are interested in it.

Did a quick search for used parts - the heads are @$200 give or take some change. I think I have a project in front of me - I can't just give it away - 97 Chrysler Cirrus with 126K and nothing else wrong with it - not even a big door ding. Anybody want it?

Pray for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.