Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I have a '95 1500 A and just as it's cooling down in Tucson I came up w/ an antifreeze leak on the right bank. Looks like from where the tubes meet the head. any easy fixes???

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

unbolt the bit that goes into the head after draining the system. pull off the angle piece and the tube. You will find o ring seals. replace. be very careful not to strip the bolts into the head. this is very easy to do

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

just remembered you need to replace the paper gaskets that join the head to the pipe. They are one time use only. They contain an adhesive that sticks the surfaces togeather

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

I was wondering if you might be able to offer me some advice on replacing my water pump on my 1980 GL1100 (38k mi).
I need to know if I assemble the trans cover gasket/water pump gasket dry, or do I need to use a sealant?
It looks like no sealant is needed, but I don't want to have to do it again in a week.
I also don't want to put any sealant on that isn't needed.
Thanks!
I have to do this this weekend, if the pump and gaskets/o-rings come in as they are supposed to.
Thanks!

Also, I read this posting: http://www.classicwingclub.org/gallery/finn/ and I can't figure out how the guy messed up third gear, unless he was doing more than replacing his water pump.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

tecninja
You posted this on the end of another thread so this would have been lost in the system I guess.

Try a repost in the new topic arena and I'm sure you will get a reply. Sorry my experience so far does not run to this.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

HEY GOLDTOP!! ..YOU TALKIN ABOUT A 1500?....THAT LEAK JOB IS FOR THE VERY...VERY SKILLED AND PATIENT MECHANIC ONLY!!

I DID ONE AND IT WAS SCARY!!!.. AND BACK BREAKING...AND YOU CAN BREAK THE PLASTIC TEE'S AND HAVE MORE DELAYS...THEN LEAK CHECK...I DID BACKWOODS STYLE!!....BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE ONE TO DO THIS JOB...I WAS LUCKY AND FOUND MY LEAKS....MIGHT TAKE TIME FOR THE O-RING S TO SETTLE A BIT...GOOD LUCK!...I THINK YOUR TALKIN ABOUT A 4 BANGER PIPE SETUP...GOLD TOP...YOU CAN DO THOSE WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED;)

goldtop wrote:
unbolt the bit that goes into the head after draining the system. pull off the angle piece and the tube. You will find o ring seals. replace. be very careful not to strip the bolts into the head. this is very easy to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.