Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, so i went to fire up the gl1100 and saw some light gren puddles on the block under the carbs on the left side. It was also smoking some coolant from the exhaust pipes directly underneath. So i stopped to observe to seee if i could find a leak and couldnt locate one. After a few minutes, the exhaust stopped smoking the coolant and i could not se or hear a coolant leak once the bike was warmed up. What gives? I clearly saw coolant. I sure hopw the block didnt crack due to cold weather. Any thought gents?:wtf:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Double R, cold weather will cause the leakage you are seeing. It is time for the O-rings on the coolant tubes to be repleced. 4 O-rings and two gaskets.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

Probably the coolant tubes between the carbs are leaking. You will have to replaced the o-rings. Go to lakecityhonda.com Find your model. Go to the parts list for thermostat and you should see the coolant tubes with o-rings and gasket. You will need part number 14 and 7. Hopes this will help. No cracked block just old o-rings. About a 15 min job that will take 1 hour.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

About a 15 min job that will take 1 hour.

That sounds like my life!

thanks for the input so far. I almost wanted to cry when i saw coolant.

Yes, it has been down to -6 in the past couple of days so that may have had a hand in this like you say. I cannot wait to ride this spring summer and fall.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

nks for the link sam. I'll get a set of those muy pronto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.