Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an '06 GL1800. Short trip planned so did the normal routine checks. Took the bike for gas and warmed it up. Arriving home, I checked the coolant level at reserve tank on left side. Nothing on the stick. Bike has an continues to run great at temp level always at middle. No drips, nothing. Per the manual, I should add some coolant. The questions is what kind do I use? Honda Line product? I have some prestone that I use in my GM. Book says anything safe for aluminum engines. I know I add at the reserve to the correct level. Just not sure if the prestone is acceptable? Any assistance???

Thank

Tom

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Not one of the pro's here but everyone says the HondaLine is best ... otherwise silicate free is a must!

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Since you can be relatively sure it is Honda stuff in there, I'd make a trip to the Honda store... a quart is a few bucks, but no issues..

If you have a normal automotive coolant (not DEXCOOL) that has no silicates, it will probably work, but I wouldn't use it unless starting over... (The point about the DEXCOOL is that it is not compatible with the "normal" coolants and unless you changed it out, GM used the orange DEXCOOL... very bad to mix them)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you. Just located the Honda Tpe 2. Using that. Use everything else OEM Honda. DUH!!! Thanx again...

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.