Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2006 GL1800. Asked a few days ago about coolant type and did obtain the HP type II. My question is this: When I checked the reserve tank, there was nothing visible on the stick. The bike runs great with the temp gauge always at just below middle. Will adding coolant to the reserve tank to the recommended level cause any issues? There are none now and was just curious.

Thank again.

Tom

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

No issues... even if the level is below the rad cap, the heating and cooling cycles will eventually fill it properly.... just keep filling it until it is full... You could remove the rad cap and look, but that is not necessary

·
It aint rocket science
3,814 Posts
imported post

tj5iveo wrote:
2006 GL1800. Asked a few days ago about coolant type and did obtain the HP type II. My question is this: When I checked the reserve tank, there was nothing visible on the stick. The bike runs great with the temp gauge always at just below middle. Will adding coolant to the reserve tank to the recommended level cause any issues? There are none now and was just curious.

Thank again.

Tom
Not one to be flippant, but you do have issues as to where the coolant went.:)

JD

·
Administrator
24,677 Posts
imported post

All engines loose a little coolant over time and the reserve tank is there to replenish what is lost. Add coolant to it and check it once in a while, if there is air in the cooling system it will use some of the coolant from the reservoir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.