Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A week ago as some of you read I entered my bike in a bike show in Newton Falls Ohio. I won third place in best of show for 1970-1983 touring cruise. I got a real nice trophy for my 1983 Interstate. But that wasn't the coolest and best of the show for me. I was parked next to the nicest and prettiest bikes around, but that still wasn't the best for me. I was wiping my bike off when a older guy walked up to me and said, "Hey buddy, your missing something off of your bike" I looked at him like he was crazy. Earlier in the day before I went to the show, at my campgroung the whole park was having a yard sale. I found two perfect american flags that I can mount on my bike. I bought them and mounted them on the back of my bike. I road into the show with the flags on the bike flying in the wind. Well this guy said I had something missing from my bike. I looked at him and said what was missing? He said wait a minute. He walked over`to a booth and then came back over to where I was with the bike and he handed me a MIA POW flag, just like the flags I bought earlier. He said here, put this on your bike. I said where did you get this? I been trying to find one like this and knowone around here has them. There always sold out. He said well this is for you, `put this on your bike. I asked him how much do you want for this? He said its yours free, He told me I was the only biker that came into the show flying the american flags on my bike and that ment alot to him too see that. So I mounted the flag on the bike with the other flags and I thought that was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. The look in that old gentlemens eyes when I mounted that flag was better than winning that trophy for my bike in that bike show any ole day. So every bike show I'm going to, I'll have those flags flying and I will remember that guy who gave me something that is so important to all. I thought you might want to read something that will make you remember our country and how it is important to those who faught for our freedom and for me to have the freedom so I can take my bike to shows and enjoy whats flying in the backgroung in that wind. So if you go to the gallery in this forum and look up the photo's I have under my name you will see the flags on the back of my bike and the MIA POW flag that older gentleman gave me. Thank you to all who faught, and is still fighting and always remember them for what you have. Ride safe and enjoy

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

That is so cool! You just never know who you will effect just by your daily actions.
And congrats on getting the 3rd place trophy!
Best Regards, Ray

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,867 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

Steven, congrats on your experience

UBarW................can you really be humbled?:cheeky1:

Just kiddin'. Love ya buddy

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

That isvery cool, thanks for sharing your story! :clapper:

I have the US flag on my right trunk rack pole and a "Support Our Troops" flag on my left .

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the win and the new flag!!:clapper::clapper:

Ok, I'm a Vietnam vet and I need to find some flags ASAP. I hope 1 of the vendors at the wingDing tomorrow will have some I can afford.

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Ok, I'm a Vietnam vet and I need to find some flags ASAP. I hope 1 of the vendors at the wingDing tomorrow will have some I can afford.
The flags are pretty reasonable, but the flagpoles, especially the folding one's are expensive. :shock: I found some folding one's that are about 1/2 the price of what you will find most places, but they are only adequate. As you can see from my picture, they look decent, but they are made out of chromed ABS, and the folding mechanism is very very stiff, and needs to be worked in.
http://www.m-j-enterprises.com/flags.htm

John

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks John, I'm looking into the flag poles you have, They are very nice and just what I need. The one's I have right now are plastic and I'm afraid they might brake going down the road. I need atleast three. So thanks agin for the info. Steve

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

Glad tohelp. :) Happy Independence day, a day early!

John

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Found the flags I needed at the WingDing today, US and MIA/POW for 7.96 a piece that fit the radio antenna.

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

If you ride much, be careful of the antenna flags. My antenna broke because of an antenna flag and I found out afterwards that this has happened to a lot of people.

John

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, I've heard about that, keeping them down low next to the base at hiwy speeds and raising them up to be seen when in town or like for the grand Parade tomorrow at the Wingding.

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

hatchetman wrote:
Could you cut down a fiberglass C.B. antenna & use that for the pole?? They come with many different mounting brackets!
I see no reason why not. Good idea!:clapper:

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.