Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all...Bike is a '84 Aspencade. Cooling fan question. Will the cooling fan ever
continue to run with the key in the "accessory" or "off" position until the engine has cooled enough to allow the fan to stop? I have noticed that when I stop the engine
and the temperature is high enough for the fan to be running, that it will only continue to run when I turn the key back to the "run" position. I'm just curious because I had another water cooled bike that the fan would come on and run for a little while even after the key was removed if it needed a little more cooling. For all you folks in the good 'ol USA, have a happy and safe 4th of July. For all you other
folks, just have a happy and safe day...thanks...shydog

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Shydog,

Mine shuts off when I turn the key off. It will come back on when I turn the key back on if it hasn't cooled down enough. Have never tried the accessory position though.

I know some cars have a relay keeping the fan on until cool enough. I'm notconvincedit does any good though unless it also has an electric pump to circulate the water.

I'm glad my wing doesn't. I would worry about the battery running low without the engine running!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

shydog wrote:
Hello all...Bike is a '84 Aspencade. Cooling fan question. Will the cooling fan ever
continue to run with the key in the "accessory" or "off" position until the engine has cooled enough to allow the fan to stop? I have noticed that when I stop the engine
and the temperature is high enough for the fan to be running, that it will only continue to run when I turn the key back to the "run" position. I'm just curious because I had another water cooled bike that the fan would come on and run for a little while even after the key was removed if it needed a little more cooling. For all you folks in the good 'ol USA, have a happy and safe 4th of July. For all you other
folks, just have a happy and safe day...thanks...shydog
shydog, no, the cooling fan goes off with the ign switch. Some cars, trucks, & bikes do (post cool) as they tend tostore enough heat in the coolant to boil into the over-flow tank when shut down. The old Wings don't run that hot & tend to not boil the coolant after shut-down so no post cooling is necessary.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hello Bob...Mine does like yours. Fan will come back on only when key is turned back to "on", not on accessory. I know what you mean about it probably not doing much good if the water isn't circulating. The fan on the other water cooled bike I had would only run for maybe 30 seconds max after the key was removed. I guess it was setup more like the cars that you walk past in the parking lot and the fan is still running. Looks like the Goldwing isn't setup like that...Thanks...shydog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.